“REAL ETHIOPIAN FOOD”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 20 April 2016

A friend of mine who has lived in Ethiopia for long periods took me to this restaurant, assuring me that their food is the real one. Although I tried Ethiopian food before in Barcelona, flavors here were quite different, stronger, powerful and of course delicious! Amazing experience, I'll come back for sure.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I enjoyed the food and especially the subtle spicing of the food. The 'hot' option is relatively mild compared to say Caribbean or Indian cuisine, but leaves a very nice taste in the palate. Good Ethiopian beer - recommended. Portion of meat - in my case Chicken - a little small, one leg only for the Wot chicken. The ambience in the restaurant is very nice as is the décor. Eating at Marathon is a pleasant experience and something I would do again from time to time (not local).

1  Thank MalcolmSBR
Reviewed 27 January 2016

It was my first time at this place. Really enjoyed food there. Great staff, great place. I would recommend to try.

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

We were four and although the place was almost empty,we decided to give it a try hoping for an authentic experience. It was one of them.The food was lovely and the lady who served us was very helpful. The only con was the wine,no choice and the house wine was average. Overall it was a good experience and we enjoy our meal. We will definetely go again.

Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Really, really enjoyed this place that I happened upon for the really welcoming, friendly and attentive service. The manager/ owner (not sure which he is) was also very kind and obviously tries to make the patrons feel at home. I really enjoyed my dish and even the house wine! So far, the best Ethiopian food that I've had in London and for pretty competitive prices. Definitely coming back again with friends!!!