“Food was good but the experience was rushed”

Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill
Ranked #577 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 16 - USD 54
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: On the west side of Trinity Square, close to Tower Hill tube station, our brasserie lies opposite the Tower of London, one of the city's most popular landmarks. We open from 8.30 Am Monday - Friday for breakfast right through to dinner. On Saturdays we open at 8.30Am for breakfast and for lunch until 3pm. Or try our seasonally changing a la carte menu for lunch or dinner, a taste of real French food with heart. Book a table in the light and airy brasserie, or reserve the lower floor dining area for a private party, complete with its own bar. Exclusive weekend hire is also available.
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I took my mum for lunch for her birthday, ordering from the main menu. I couldn't fault the staff, very polite and friendly. The food was good, but given the prices, our expectations were higher.
I was disappointed by the mussels, they were completely tastless (though plentiful) but the rest was fine.

The biggest disappointment was the speed of it all, there was no leisure or time to enjoy. Our drinks order was taken literally as we Sat, the starter and main course followed immediately after each other. So much so, we didn't bother with desert. We advoided the more city based branch purely for this reason - this venue is perfect for a business lunch if you only have an hour, but no good for celebrations/enjoyment.

Brasserie Blanc T, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear star001,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, although I am sorry to see you felt you were rushed. We certainly do not mean for any of our guests to feel this way and if you had mentioned to your waiter we certainly would have ensured the experience to be slowed down to your preference. We do have a mainly corporate lunch trade which means the service is mostly quick and efficient but again I apologise deeply that you felt rushed as it was never our intention. I really hope it won't prevent you from coming to see us again.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Had an early dinner here. We were seated promptly, drink order taken also appetizers. Drinks arrived, appetizers shortly afterward. Our meal arrived hot and properly cooked. Service was great as well as the meal. Restaurant was clean and comfortable. Our booth at the window had an outlet to charge our phones under the booth on the outside wall. This was a plus. Restrooms located downstairs were clean and stocked. Excellent experience.

Brasserie Blanc T, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Troy M,

Many thanks for your lovely review - you have summed up everything that we endeavour to provide for all our guests and we are thrilled that you have enjoyed this experience.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Having been lucky enough to eaten in quite a few London restaurants lately, my first comment would be that service and quality levels everywhere seem to be very high. Great to see.

Lunch here was fast and efficient, with a very well balanced level of service. Not intrusive, but certainly attentive.

Great for a business lunch, but would happily return for a more romantic meal with the wife!

Food was excellent as well. Location was very good too!

Brasserie Blanc T, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear JimandKate M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fabulous comments. We are so happy to see that you have rated your experience so highly and that we achieved what we strive for with every single guest. We hope to see you again, whether for another business meal or that romantic meal with your wife!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Whenever we are in London we always visit this restaurant at least twice as the choice is so good. Well cooked food and desserts to die for. Good choice of wine. Good value for money for London. Its got a great atmosphere which makes for a good evening. The service is always good and you feel welcomed the moment you walk through the door. Special mention to the manageress Natasha who made us feel so welcome on both visits. We think its the best brasserie blanc out there.

Brasserie Blanc T, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear julesnottm7,

Thank you so much for leaving your wonderful review - we are so happy to have won your number one top spot of BB! It is always such a pleasure to welcome you both and we look forward to seeing you again in the New Year!

Take care and all the very best,

Natasha and all at BB Team Tower

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Visited as part of my Birthday weekend with my wife. We were staying in the local area and wanted somewhere to eat. On booking we were told there was a private function in the main dining space and that we were to be seated in the basement.

On arrival, we almost walked into the function as there was no indication where to initially go. When we arrived downstairs it was pleasant enough. Staff were attentive and starters came very promptly. Mains arrived and my steak (medium rare) was very over done. Very quickly changed and all the staff including manager very apologetic. Mains were eventually very good. Dessert - Cafe Coupa, I think, was no so and wouldnt order again, quite a strange after taste (not coffee!).

I think the food experience would be 4 star but the staff really deserved the 5. So a big high 5 fir customer service. Thanks

Brasserie Blanc T, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Guy P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us but I must admit I am very disappointed to see your comments about the food. I very much hope that this does not deter you from visiting us again and if/when you are next in the area do let me know so that I can personally arrange your reservation.