“A gem in Finsbury Park”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Have been to Dotori’s probably more than 50 times and I must say it’s the best Korean/Japanese food around for quality and value for money. Very small place so very hard to get a reservation but won’t eat anywhere else when that side of London, well done keep the good food coming. And don’t close like you did before. Can’t find a better restaurant to go to if you did.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to this place few times before and nothing to say about the food. If you have been there before you will know they don’t take reservations.
Last Friday I walked in there with friends, 3 of us. A couple in front us got told it would be one hour waiting time and left name and phone number.
For us instead they said: “sorry we won’t be able to sit and serve you!” The reason: “you are an uneven number”, and that would “waste” a sit at your table.
I asked if we could come back later but no: we won’t be able to serve you tonight! ...and kept taking names for couples after me.
I walked out to never go back again.
Is that even legal to refuse to serve customers on that basis?
I know it’s not where I work!

4  Thank Giannicola D
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I used to frequent this restaurant when I worked nearby some 9/10 years ago and loved it. Then it closed for a while. I am very happy to say it has reopened now and the food is just as fabulous. For lunch today I had bibimbap with tempura prawn topping. First, a tasty little miso soup, then the bibimbap was so tasty, the veg were very fresh and the rice perfectly cooked. There were 5 fabulous large tempura prawns on top (lots of ithrr veg or meat toppings available) And a lovely chilli sauce to mix in. My partner had 2 great dishes as well. While a bit more expensive than in the old days, still very reasonable. We had 2 beers too and with service paid £38. The beers were £4 each so if you gave those a miss, much cheaper. It was full and great buzzy atmosphere. Everyone else's food looked fab too. I cannot recommend enough!

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place and fantastic food. As we were a large party we got to try a bit of everything. Every mouthful was delicious - from the super crispy tempura to the mouth watering sushi. Friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Korean and Japanese, consistently great quality. The Bibimbap is delicious and the 2 person set menus offer a good selection for those unfamiliar with the cuisine!

Closed on Monday’s