“They refused to serve us! Don’t even go there if you are an uneven number!”
Review of Dotori

Dotori
Ranked #658 of 24,813 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 13 - USD 19
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to this place few times before and nothing to say about the food. If you have been there before you will know they don’t take reservations.
Last Friday I walked in there with friends, 3 of us. A couple in front us got told it would be one hour waiting time and left name and phone number.
For us instead they said: “sorry we won’t be able to sit and serve you!” The reason: “you are an uneven number”, and that would “waste” a sit at your table.
I asked if we could come back later but no: we won’t be able to serve you tonight! ...and kept taking names for couples after me.
I walked out to never go back again.
Is that even legal to refuse to serve customers on that basis?
I know it’s not where I work!

5  Thank Giannicola D

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I used to frequent this restaurant when I worked nearby some 9/10 years ago and loved it. Then it closed for a while. I am very happy to say it has reopened now and the food is just as fabulous. For lunch today I had bibimbap with tempura prawn topping. First, a tasty little miso soup, then the bibimbap was so tasty, the veg were very fresh and the rice perfectly cooked. There were 5 fabulous large tempura prawns on top (lots of ithrr veg or meat toppings available) And a lovely chilli sauce to mix in. My partner had 2 great dishes as well. While a bit more expensive than in the old days, still very reasonable. We had 2 beers too and with service paid £38. The beers were £4 each so if you gave those a miss, much cheaper. It was full and great buzzy atmosphere. Everyone else's food looked fab too. I cannot recommend enough!

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place and fantastic food. As we were a large party we got to try a bit of everything. Every mouthful was delicious - from the super crispy tempura to the mouth watering sushi. Friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Korean and Japanese, consistently great quality. The Bibimbap is delicious and the 2 person set menus offer a good selection for those unfamiliar with the cuisine!

Closed on Monday’s

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Dotori may be one of the best Japanese restaurant I've ever tried.
For the Korean part of the menu I still can't have any opinion, since I just tried few things and didn't like them, but just for a personal taste and not for restaurant's fault.
Japanese cuisine is really fresh and you have plenty of choice: from the classic sushi to bentos (try Salmon Bento, for less than 10£), from vegetarian choices to meat and fish dishes.
Everyone can be pleased here and waiters are really nice.
The only two negative things about this place are the very little space you have once you seat at the table and the fact that you only have one hour at day to book a table as they will never answer the phone.
And trust me, booking is really really required here.
Excellent restaurant anyway, I would gladly suggest it to you if you are in the nearby.