“Overwhelmed with the service”
Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #34 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Cambridge
“Overwhelmed with the service”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We used The Kensington Hotel in February for our wedding day.

We got ready at the hotel, had our meal, hosted a drinks reception and stayed overnight, as did some of our guests.

We have been completely overwhelmed by the service and attention to detail from all the staff members we encountered.

Upon arrival (we were early) we were shown straight up to our suite, which was beautiful. Light, bright and spacious with the most gorgeous bathroom, that included a plasma screen in the bath, and a very large, very comfortable, four poster bed (a stylish one, not tacky). We were very pleased with our room.

The food and service at dinner were both excellent and we received no end of compliments from guests about how delicious the food was.

We had more guests arrive in the evening, where we used the drawing room for a drinks reception. The drawing room is a beautiful space, with open fireplaces and gorgeous decor, very romantic and elegant. The service again was outstanding, no one's drinks ran dry all evening, the staff were on top of everything.

When we returned to our room that evening we were greeted to a complimentary bottle of champagne, candle and rose petals over our bed with a lovely note too. This was such a special touch.

Throughout the planning of our wedding day Kristin and Karthik were very professional and friendly, and made me feel completely confident about the event. They were brilliant. On the day, they were extremely helpful, as were all the staff, with a quick mention to the lovely door man who's name I didn't get, a really nice guy.

Even after the day the service didn't stop, as we had left a gift behind which was swiftly located and sent back to us by recorded mail, of which we greatly appreciate.

As you can probably tell by now we are so happy with The Kensington, it is in a great location, near to Hyde Park and South Kensington tube. We look forward to visiting them again soon and plan to stay on our anniversary (or before if we get the chance) :)

Thank you everyone at The Kensington for making our day so magical.

Room Tip: We booked a suite, which was amazing!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShellLawrence
TheKensingtonHotel, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear ShellLawrence,
Firstly congratulations on your wedding and thank you for choosing The Kensington Hotel to celebrate this wonderful day. I was delighted to hear that our team here treated you so well, that you enjoyed your room and that you and your guests had such a wonderful experience with us. I have already passed your kind words on to our team, they are so appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Kind Regards,

The General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
n.ireland
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My family and I stayed in the Kensington in August, and what a wonderful experience! The lounge and reception area was absolutely beautiful. An early flight meant we arrived before check-in time, but the staff at the hotel did all they could to ensure that we got into our rooms as soon as possible. It sounds strange, but the entire hotel had the most wonderful smell all the time! It rained for most of the four days we were there but the close proxemity to S.Kensington tube station was ideal as well as the 'Kensington' umbrellas at the door of the hotel which we were free to take out with us each day.

The breakfast was wonderful, we had lots of sightseeing planned which meant we couldn't relax and enjoy all the lovely things that breakfast had to offer. In fact, we didn't really get to appreciate the hotel fully because we were out and about for the most part. It's the kind of hotel that would really be more suited to a couples romantic weekend away rather than a family trip to London - only because you don't want to leave the wonderfully comfortable beds each morning to go sightseeing!

The staff were wonderful, and kept out luggage on the last day until we were leaving for an evening flight, also providing us all with bottled water for our onward journey. My sister was lucky enough to bump into a certain XFactor judge in the elevator which really sums up the exclusivity and luxury of this wonderful hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lmg888
TheKensingtonHotel, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear IMG888,

Thank you so much for your review words, I understand it takes time and appreciate your willingness to offer feedback. I was delighted to hear you so enjoyed your stay with us and that our team treated you so well, you so enjoyed our decor, our restaurant and the wonderful smell.

London is a beautiful city and I am so glad you enjoyed your visit despite the rain. Should you wish to come back either as a family or for a romantic getaway we would be delighted to welcome you.

The Kensington Hotel
Lyon, France
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This was my 5th stay at this lovely hotel and hopefully not my last one!

Still my favourite hotel in London, considering location, value for money and comfort.

Can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hirondelle11
TheKensingtonHotel, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear hirondelle11,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience here at The Kensington Hotel. I realise that this takes time and we apprecicate it. I am so thrilled to hear you continue to enjoy your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The Kensington hotel is the best boutique hotel in London, and probably the best overall hotel in terms of "value for money". The atmosphere is relaxed and charming and It's quiet easy to spot actors and celebrities walking through the hall. I would suggest to take a look at the breakfast hall, that is simply amazing for the ancient furniture , luxurious design and amazing food quality.
Staff is super kind, with a special mention to the helpful front desk team that satisfied all my needs.
Definitely a MUST place to stay in London.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Luigi B
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Luigi B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I know that these reviews take time and wanted to express my gratitude for it.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the service and design of the Kensington Hotel. Please be assured that I already passed your comments to the Front Office team.
Should you need a new reservation please feel free to contact me directly, so I will be able to help with the booking.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel in the near future.
Chiara Vierchowod
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel is a gem; we absolutely loved our stay here from start to finish. The staff is very friendly and welcoming and did everything they could to make our time with them wonderful. The atmosphere in the entire hotel is one of inviting elegance, from our immaculate room to the inviting fireplaces that greeted us each night as we came back from busy days of sightseeing . The Kensington's location is also perfect, being a short walk through a great neighborhood to the tube and wonderful shopping. We felt truly pampered and I can honestly say this is the only hotel we will stay at for all our future visits to amazing London!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank SLJ1
Dear SLJ1,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Kensington Hotel after your recent stay.
I really appreciate your nice feedbacks and wanted to express my gratitude for that!
It was really a pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please feel free to contact me directly should you need a new reservation.
Kind Regards,