“Beautiful Brunch”

The Ivy Cafe Blackheath
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Cafe Blackheath is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16,329 of 24,685 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 20 - USD 79
Description: Located in the heart of Blackheath. The restaurant makes for an ideal spot to enjoy an accessible all-encompassing menu, serving British classics from dawn until dusk, including breakfast, elevenses, weekend brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, light snacks, dinner and cocktails.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was greeted nicely by the manager at the door who invited me to my table. I had avocado and two poached eggs on white toast with pomegranate seeds and water cress on top with a lovely berry smoothie to drink. The eggs were cooked perfectly. I didn’t get any bad vibes or bad service at all so I just be lucky! In fact, my incredible waiter Dale was a delight and even gave me directions and travel information as I’m new to the area. Overall, a wonderful experience and will definitely be coming back with my parents next time!

1  Thank OperaDiva28

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We've been to the Ivy Cafe in Blackheath twice, once for brunch and once for dinner.

We didn't have reservations for the brunch visit, but managed to snag a couple of seats at the bar. Service was friendly, and food came out promptly. I went for lunch -- the French Dip sandwich -- while my wife went for breakfast -- Eggs Royale. Both were tasty. The french fries with the Egg Royale were a happy addition. All in all, it was a pleasant experience.

At dinner a couple of weeks later, we reserved a table, and wound up in a good spot near the door, but it's worth noting that the restaurant is very crowded, and the tables very close together. I went for crab pasta this time, while my wife went for fish. Again, both were very good.

Blackheath has been in need of a white table cloth place with good food where families are welcome. I think the Ivy Cafe fills that role very well. Yes, the service could be warmer, but that will likely improve with time. For now, it's a welcome addition to the neighbourhood.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Booked a table here for my sisters birthday. We were greeted by the friendly hosts and taken to a nice big table by the window. I had read reviews that it was very cramped but I didn't find this at all. The staff were very welcoming and made an extra effort with my 5 year old nephew. The food was DELICIOUS. We had a three course meal and everything was absolutely perfect. The tomato soup was incredible and the chocolate bombe for dessert was gorgeous. This place is great for a birthday celebration. We didn't feel pressured at all to leave after 2 hours. Overall a lovely place and I will definitely come back here, perhaps to try the afternoon tea. Thanks to all the staff.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to this Ivy Cafe twice now for breakfast within a period of about 3 weeks.

The first visit was simply amazing and I couldn’t fault it. Our waitress simply couldn’t do enough for us, but at the same time knew when to approach and when to leave us be. Unfortunately the second time we went, our waiter was cold and standoffish! He lacked basic table etiquette, but in his head he thought he was beyond this place! There were other waiters who were more attentive and they weren’t even serving our table.

As for the atmosphere, its actually quite tastefully decorated... I’m not an interior designer, but I’d say it’s quite modern art nouveau. Its clientele are (funny enough) quite normal kinda folk! Not full of pretentious wannabes!

However each time I’ve been, it’s been rather chilly and cold inside. The first time we asked them to turn the warmth up and within a few minutes, it was nice and warm enough to take off those coats! The second time we went, our request fell on deaf ears and we spent our breakfast rather frosty!

The breakfast was nice... nothing special or anything to shout about but nicely presented. My only gripe would be that some bits of my food were colder than others... for example one egg was cold inside and the other was perfectly warm etc. Oh by the way, the pot of coffee is to die for, but sadly these pots are tiny!!

Would I go again? Probably, but next time I would go there to try their lunch or dinner menu, I think there are many alternative places I can think of that I’d rather go to for breakfast. As for value for money, I’d say 50/50

Overall verdict: Nice and chilled, but could do with some warmth. One or two waiters could do with refining their waiting skills as they certainly ruined my experience! I value restaurants based on their consistency. If the Ivy Cafe don’t learn then it will be the last time I go there again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We went in to try and have coffee on Sunday afternoon and although there were empty tables staff were reluctant to give us the opportunity to sit down and have coffee not great customer service and not a good first experience of the place
So we left and went next door won’t be back