“Great food and Very friendly and informative Staff”

Leicester Square Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Leicester Square Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 24,648 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 26 - USD 40
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: Relaxed luxury in the heart of Leicester Square. Our ethos embraces the art of shared dining with a sophisticated yet unassuming setting. Leicester Square Kitchen will showcase an exquisite selection of contemporary Mexican and Peruvian small plates complemented with the finest wines and our signature cocktails. Welcome to our kitchen
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have a luncheon club where 9 of us try and meet up for lunch at least once a quarter. Each time we struggle to think of where to go and by chance I saw some good reviews for the Leicester Sq Kitchen. Generally when I think of Mexican food I tend to think of nachos, chili con carne and other such English staples but this was very different. The restaurant is under the Hampshire Raddison Blu hotel and has a fine dining feel when you enter. The lady on reception was smiling and welcoming and showed me to the bar. I enjoyed a Gin & Tonic but the cocktails did look amazing. The bar was full of fresh herbs and dried fruits which were being used for drinks and cocktails. One of my colleagues enjoyed a Mexican beer and he said it was really good. We were shown to our table once everyone had arrived and we sat on low bench tables. We were given the menus and Adeline who was our waitress was exceptional. She went through the menu to explain the food and what to have. We were given water which had fresh mint, lemons and we chose a nice Gavi white wine. Adeline explained that the food would be put in the middle of the table and we could share a bit like Tapas and she made some great recommendations. We had the crab tostadas and chorizo soft tacos, crispy prawns, duck salad, house guacumole with nachos and they were lovely little bites. We then had the salmon cerviche, tomato cerviche, Aspargus, Rib eye steak, stone bass and some more crispy prawns. We also tried the papaya and chilli salsa (very hot and not for the faint hearted). The food was cooked really well and arrived on hot stone plates. We tucked in and it was delicious. Some of us opted for pudding and we shared the chocolate doughnuts, coconut mousse and coconut sorbet. I have to say that the chocolate doughnuts were amazing. They were filled with warm chocolate and pistachio sauce and the combination of the cold ice-cream and warm doughnut was lovely. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant for something a bit different from the normal Mexican. Not too bad on price either

1  Thank Christine N

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend for our first meal out in London on Thursday 05/04/18. It’s safe to say we were not disappointed! Our waiter Melveen was absolutely fabulous at tending to our needs and explaining the menu to us. We based our choices off of his recommendations which were spot on. The food was out of this world and the general atmosphere of the restaurant was amazing. Thank you to Melveen for being such a good host, we could not have asked for better. And thank you to all of the lovely staff at Leicester Square kitchen who gave us a great first night in London. We will certainly be back!

2  Thank Katieprin17
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had dinner over here on Tuesday night, as a table of 2. I was allergic to crustaceans, and our waiter Silviu made sure I am ordering the correct dishes. It’s a very relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant, and the quality of the food very good.
Mario took care of our desserts, and he described every single course for us, as we were not very familiar with this type of cuisine.
The wine is very good value for money, as well. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Claudiu G
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I went here the other day with my friends. All I can say is that they have the proper and friendly staff. Especial mention to the waiter named Melveen. He is so patient as I asked him so many question about the food and he answered/explained to us properly and politely everything. If you want a 5star service when eating here just look for Melveen and Im pretty sure He’ll give you the best service. Food was amazing especially the Ceviche dish, the glaze ribs if Im not mistaken, and the tiger prawns/calamari too. Definitely will recommend this hotel/restaurant. We will come back soon.

Hemant P, Manager at Leicester Square Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Angelo

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about service, food and Malveen. it is a pleasure to hear of your memorable experience. We are delighted you enjoyed our dining experience at The Leicester Square Kitchen, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Hemant Pendse
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A kitchen devoted to Mexican and Peruvian flavours. You can easily order 3-4 dishes per person without over eating. Ceviche dishes, tacos both soft and hard - all Excellent. I recommend the Seabass Ceviche with the white wine from Argentina. I will asess dessert tomorrow - to full now...

Dear Michel

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments. It is a pleasure to hear compliments about our food . We are delighted that you enjoyed our dining experience at The Leicester Square Kitchen, and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Kind Regards