“Disappointing & waste of money”
Review of Jurassic Kingdom

Jurassic Kingdom
Ranked #1,711 of 1,891 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Went to see this at Sheffield. Was expecting the dinosaurs to be hidden throughout the park, they weren’t. They were is an open area and we could have saved money but just walking round the metal fence and seen the dinosaurs. We might not have got up as close which might have been a good thing as others have posted, a fair number were damaged. As it was we paid online so felt we might as well get our money’s worth. Advertised as £38* but no mention of what the * stood for. Turned out to be a booking fee per ticket which meant we paid almost £1 less than if we had paid on the gate. Most of the larger dinosaurs did have a plaque with information on it but the small ones didn’t. The sound effects weren’t terrifying and some sounded like elephants. There were a few fairground type food vans at the entrance but we didn’t get anything from those, opting to get a drink from the park’s own cafe which probably saved us money. Wish we had seen the reviews first and saved our money as it took longer for us to get to it than it took us to go round.

6  Thank Saygofamily

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Took 3 children along to Sheffield to see this. Very disappointing. Just a field with a few tatty, roped-off dinosaurs in it, with eyes, horns, teeth etc missing, surrounded by bog-standard burger vans. Absolutely no effort made to place the models in any kind of natural setting. Wire fence round the site meant you could see it all before you went in anyway - I wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't bought online. Tried as hard as I could to make it last as long as possible to get my money's worth but still only managed 40 minutes, most of which was spent with the kids whining and pestering for burgers because they were bored. The only time they got excited was when I said it we could go and there was still time to go on the swings in the park outside.

4  Thank gillisfab
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

£50 pounds for family ticket on line but only £44 if bought at the venue. Advertised as a fantastic day out - lucky if it took an hour to go round. Models and animatronics pretty basic and in need of repair. Sounds all generic roars. My two grandsons aged 8 and 3 were very disappointed. Food and drinks extortionate prices. A dinosaur ride for £2 was a farce. The young woman in attendance was on her phone the whole time. She didn’t help my three year old at all even when he nearly fell off and I had to step in.
Toilets were poor with no hand washing facilities
Truly a waste of money.

3  Thank adie23454
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Took my kids, 2 & 3, to the Sheffield tour.
Was all good and well until my 3yo started pointing out missing teeth, eyes, bent horns and broken tails. We kept telling him the dinosaurs had been fighting and he bought it.
We got an hour round and decided to go for our picnic. Well, we were told we couldn't come back in because wed only paid to get it once, not all day! Wouldn't recommend or go again personally.

4  Thank rebecca f
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I went to Jurassic Kingdom in Sheffield on 30/05/18. I paid something like £35 for myself and my 2 children.

The first thing that irritated me was the ticketing. Buying a ticket online was supposed to be £1.50 cheaper. But when you got to the checkout there was a fee of £1.49 for handling an online purchase.

I was expecting the dinosaurs would be put in several locations around the park and that there would be a dinosaur trail to walk round. I found that the dinosaurs had been placed in a field all together in the centre of the park, and I felt a bit let down.

Sheffield city council had obviously wanted to keep the park open to normal visitors, and the dinosaur people had obviously wanted to keep their dinosaurs closed off for paying customers only. So a large temporary metal fence was put in place around the field the dinosaurs were in, which was unsightly.

Up close many of the dinosaurs were damaged. A number had had their tails damaged or teeth pulled out or eyes missing. Otherwise I felt they were reasonably lifelike, and my children found their movement and the accompanying sounds engaging. There was some information to read with most of the dinosaurs.

Most of the dinosaurs were cordoned off by blue rope attached to metal poles in the ground. I suspect this was done to prevent damage to the dinosaurs. It looked unsightly.

To get into the field with the dinosaurs we had to walk through a column of fast food vans, sweet shops and souvenir shops. There was a tent with a virtual reality experience at £5 a go. Thats not what I came for.

I brought a packed lunch. There was no shelter for people with packed lunches unfortunately, and I would have had to have left the dinosaur field if I wanted a chair or table to sit at to eat. Fortunately I was able to find a bit of land to sit and eat my sandwiches with my children

There was an education tent there which had a BBC logo. Inside there was a video playing an episode of walking with beasts.

The overall impression I was left with was that the experience was compromised by the limitations of the site, and that that it felt like a profit seeking exercise. For the price I paid I was expecting the whole park to be scattered with dinosaurs, something like the dinosaur park near Great Yarmouth.

Having said that I think the children enjoyed it, and I got some reasonable photos out of it.

5  Thank Docmcsausage