Review Highlights
Waste of money

£38 For 2 adults and 1 child really overpriced. like most other reviews have said some missing... read more

Reviewed 30 August 2018
Rhod M
Tredegar, United Kingdom
via mobile
Jurassic Kingdom -Cardiff

I’ve never left a review before but felt I had to for this one. It is truly awful. £38 for two... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018

from USD 45.10
from USD 46.40
from USD 42.50
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Took my kids, 2 & 3, to the Sheffield tour.
Was all good and well until my 3yo started pointing out missing teeth, eyes, bent horns and broken tails. We kept telling him the dinosaurs had been fighting and he bought it.
We got an hour round and decided to go for our picnic. Well, we were told we couldn't come back in because wed only paid to get it once, not all day! Wouldn't recommend or go again personally.

4  Thank rebecca f
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I went to Jurassic Kingdom in Sheffield on 30/05/18. I paid something like £35 for myself and my 2 children.

The first thing that irritated me was the ticketing. Buying a ticket online was supposed to be £1.50 cheaper. But when you got to the checkout there was a fee of £1.49 for handling an online purchase.

I was expecting the dinosaurs would be put in several locations around the park and that there would be a dinosaur trail to walk round. I found that the dinosaurs had been placed in a field all together in the centre of the park, and I felt a bit let down.

Sheffield city council had obviously wanted to keep the park open to normal visitors, and the dinosaur people had obviously wanted to keep their dinosaurs closed off for paying customers only. So a large temporary metal fence was put in place around the field the dinosaurs were in, which was unsightly.

Up close many of the dinosaurs were damaged. A number had had their tails damaged or teeth pulled out or eyes missing. Otherwise I felt they were reasonably lifelike, and my children found their movement and the accompanying sounds engaging. There was some information to read with most of the dinosaurs.

Most of the dinosaurs were cordoned off by blue rope attached to metal poles in the ground. I suspect this was done to prevent damage to the dinosaurs. It looked unsightly.

To get into the field with the dinosaurs we had to walk through a column of fast food vans, sweet shops and souvenir shops. There was a tent with a virtual reality experience at £5 a go. Thats not what I came for.

I brought a packed lunch. There was no shelter for people with packed lunches unfortunately, and I would have had to have left the dinosaur field if I wanted a chair or table to sit at to eat. Fortunately I was able to find a bit of land to sit and eat my sandwiches with my children

There was an education tent there which had a BBC logo. Inside there was a video playing an episode of walking with beasts.

The overall impression I was left with was that the experience was compromised by the limitations of the site, and that that it felt like a profit seeking exercise. For the price I paid I was expecting the whole park to be scattered with dinosaurs, something like the dinosaur park near Great Yarmouth.

Having said that I think the children enjoyed it, and I got some reasonable photos out of it.

6  Thank Docmcsausage
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Don't waste your money on this. Dinosaurs are missing eyes, teeth & tails. There has been no care put into the appearance of the place. You have to pay extra for everything.
I just wish I'd read a review and would never have wasted our time & money. DON"T GO!

4  Thank cellicock
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I have kids who love dinosaurs but we have seen better exhibitions for free. You can’t get near anything because of the ropes and every photo has an ice cream van or bouncy castle in the background. £70 to go in (with groupon, nearly £100 without!) The noises are generic, the layout is fussy and the stalls absolutely ruin it. £3 for a kids ride that you get in the supermarket for 50p and £9 for a plastic dinosaur! So expensive. I wouldn’t have minded it for £5 a ticket, but for this price I expected the kids to be entertained for more than 20 minutes. Huge disappointment, don’t waste your money. Even for Dino-lovers it’s a huge stretch of the imagination to try to save the day. I found myself asking the kids which kind of teeth the dinosaurs had!- it was so boring

2  Thank Sixer68
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

As others state this is a total rip off. We visited the Sheffield exhibition yesterday and the decent weather was the only positive
As we walked down to the entrance we were a bit baffled why people were leaving the exhibition but met one of our grandsons friends on their way back, they’d been there under an hour and said it was a rip off for what it was!! However as we’d booked and paid on line we continued to the entrance .
Asked by girl on gate to “verify “ our ages as I’d booked over 65 concession (yes we saved a pound)
As we walked around the site it was clear the “dinosaurs “ were plastic and some appeared patched up presumably from being moved around the country. Some were moving and others static but the sounds emitted were the same from the different dinosaurs!
Expensive food outlets, poor quality also very few litter bins around the site hence rubbish everywhere from people who had brought a picnic
Distinct lack of toilets so lots of children being taken by parents into the small wooded area’s at side of the fields!!
Avoid and save your money

2  Thank corkytheoldsoul