“Absolute rubbish”

Ranked #1,714 of 1,887 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Don't waste your money on this. Dinosaurs are missing eyes, teeth & tails. There has been no care put into the appearance of the place. You have to pay extra for everything.
I just wish I'd read a review and would never have wasted our time & money. DON"T GO!

4  Thank cellicock

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I have kids who love dinosaurs but we have seen better exhibitions for free. You can’t get near anything because of the ropes and every photo has an ice cream van or bouncy castle in the background. £70 to go in (with groupon, nearly £100 without!) The noises are generic, the layout is fussy and the stalls absolutely ruin it. £3 for a kids ride that you get in the supermarket for 50p and £9 for a plastic dinosaur! So expensive. I wouldn’t have minded it for £5 a ticket, but for this price I expected the kids to be entertained for more than 20 minutes. Huge disappointment, don’t waste your money. Even for Dino-lovers it’s a huge stretch of the imagination to try to save the day. I found myself asking the kids which kind of teeth the dinosaurs had!- it was so boring

2  Thank Sixer68
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

As others state this is a total rip off. We visited the Sheffield exhibition yesterday and the decent weather was the only positive
As we walked down to the entrance we were a bit baffled why people were leaving the exhibition but met one of our grandsons friends on their way back, they’d been there under an hour and said it was a rip off for what it was!! However as we’d booked and paid on line we continued to the entrance .
Asked by girl on gate to “verify “ our ages as I’d booked over 65 concession (yes we saved a pound)
As we walked around the site it was clear the “dinosaurs “ were plastic and some appeared patched up presumably from being moved around the country. Some were moving and others static but the sounds emitted were the same from the different dinosaurs!
Expensive food outlets, poor quality also very few litter bins around the site hence rubbish everywhere from people who had brought a picnic
Distinct lack of toilets so lots of children being taken by parents into the small wooded area’s at side of the fields!!
Avoid and save your money

2  Thank corkytheoldsoul
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Very plastic looking models that intermittently slightly move their mouths and tails accompanied by the same generic noise for each, apart from that they are static. Takes about 20 mins as nothing worth spending any time watching. Appalling ripoff, a new low in overselling and underdelivering, organisers should be ashamed. Utter, utter rubbish.

Date of experience: April 2018
3  Thank Ian M
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

If I could rate this zero I would. Upon paying close to £50 for the family ticket at lauriston castle. To walk around what no doubt would be a lovely castle walk for a few £ entry I would imagine. Instead walking through a very poorly displayed set of rubber dinosaurs and lovely blue rope everywhere for the do not touch signs. ( Well placed. ..... Not)  they were just dumped in the middle of grass patches. 1-2 hours normally spent here.  Erm. How about 40 Minutes and we were going slow and stopping to take photos of the kids. Am afraid a very large, under impressive waste of money.  Again another tourist trap. £5 for a hot dog £3 for soggy chips. Thanks for that.  Oh and if you want your kids to view the VR seated simulation. Well. That's another £5 each.  £70 total to take my kids to something for 40 minutes. Ripped off.  They know you can't just not go once your there  and with the no refund part .  Laughing to the bank. How can they sleep at night. Oh I know. In the massive comfy bed in the huge house that all the money they make paid for.  Sickening.  Go to a country park or take a wilderness walk. Much more impressive for free and read about dinosaurs online or in books.

Date of experience: April 2018