“great locale & lovely B&B”
Review of 69TheGrove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
69TheGrove
Ranked #3 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We spent a week at 69TheGrove in the lovely bay-windowed room and very much enjoyed our time there. Kanley is a superb host and made us feel very welcome. The B&B is stylishly decorated & is very comfortable. We enjoyed the vegan, community-run cafe opposite 69TheGrove & the organic grocery nearby & we very much enjoyed the "feel" of the immediate neighbourhood. It was an easy 5 mins walk to Vauxhall underground station which could then get you to wherever in London you needed to go. We could even get to Heathrow for 2.90GBP on the tube from Vauxhall. We will definitely stay at 69TheGrove when we visit London again.

Room Tip: Deluxe bay-windowed room was lovely
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a lovely stay at Kanley and David`s. We just loved Kanley`s laugh!!!He was very welcoming and they both helped us with local knowledge of the best places to eat/go for a drink in the neighbourhood. Our room was ideal, with welcoming fresh flowers and helpful bathroom extras. The breakfasts were great and we were able to meet other guests at this time. Giovanni in the kitchen was also very helpful and polite.
We will certainly recommend to our friends and we would love to go back ourselves!

Room Tip: Our room was in the basement and it was quiet and warm.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed with Kanley and David for a week at the end of January 2012.

Unfortunately, the largest room was already booked because of my last minute booking. However, I had a very enjoyable stay in the room I reserved. There was plenty of room. The room was clean, quiet, and had a private bathroom and shower. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. I rarely heard the other guests and it was only for a few moments. I loved the fresh yellow lillies in the room. There were fresh flowers throughout the house.

I used the free wi fi quite frequently. It was very fast and I never had a problem with connecting. I also appreciated having a small fridge in the room. The kettle was used every night. Love PG tips!

I had "more time than money" on this trip so I decided to take the tube from LHR to Vauxhall station. I followed the instructions on the b and b website and it was truly a step free journey. I travelled with a 20" rolling carry on and a small purse. I would definitely use this route again. It took about 60-70 minutes if I remember correctly. The tube was not crowded so there was no problem with luggage. Other riders did not seem bothered that I was using the tube with luggage. The only place I encountered steps was at Vauxhall station. The elevator/lift was not working and it looked like the sign had been there a long time;( There were about 15-17 steps up to street level. The walk from the station took about 5 minutes.

I was greeted at the front door with a warm 'welcome back'. Very quickly I was served a much needed pot of tea.

The other guests were friendly and fun to chat with at breakfast. They were from all over the world (Australia, Spain, and a fellow American).

The english breakfast was wonderful and cooked to order. Yes, the fruit salad is very good and made fresh every morning. The greek yoghurt was wonderful with the fruit.

Kanley offered several suggestions about sights in London that I would have not known about otherwise.

This is a very well organized, friendly, clean, and well located B and B. I would definitely recommend to anyone (except those with small children) travelling to London. Kanley, David, and all the staff really seem to care about their guests. I look forward to my visit next year. I can't imagine staying anyplace else in London.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank luv2traveltexan
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Spent some time getti to know the host at 69 thegrove, certainly a friendly and entertaining and ga de us and enjoyable stay. Would definately recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2012

we stayed 2 nights and could not have been happier with the hotel.It was so clean ,the rooms were spacious which was a surprise and theservice was excellent nothing was to much trouble.and the owner was such a gentleman chatty,happy and very helpful .I would recommend 69.the grove to everyone who wants to stay in london with out the hassle of worryng what sort of accomadation they have booked.thankyou all at 69 the grove for making our visit so happy

Room Tip: room 2 quiet roomy and a kingsize bed
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family