2,015 results
All reviews minories pub great location railway line travel lodge budget hotel tesco express comfy bed would stay again just round the corner minute walk busy road the hotel is clean early check good nights sleep short stay underground station one night stay
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Beautiful hotel, in a perfect location. Two minute walk to Tower Gateway (DLR) and about a 4 minute walk to Tower Hill (Underground). Lots of places to eat whether it be a dash with a sandwich or a sit down meal.

I had a room on the third floor facing the road and offices. Not the best of views, but I didn't have any noise so slept pretty well. Hotel room was spotless, not one fault (or hair!). Every staff member was lovely to talk to especially the receptionist (forgot his name unfortunately)

Minor things:
Four of us had booked this hotel all in the same transaction just different names to the rooms, but ended up in rooms dotted around (minor mishap, probably our fault though)
Plug sockets! 2 per room right at the other end of the bed.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

It's a shame that the incredible service was let down by the awful food, that was quite clearly just nuked in a microwave before serving. Would rather eat a smart price tikka masala next time - though they're probably the same thing. Room was clean.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2015

Good, quiet room on level 5 facing towards the road. Basic amenities such as TV, tea/coffee making facilities and en suite. No phone to contact reception though, so any questions you will need to see them in person. If returning back to the hotel after 10pm, make sure you have your swipe card on you so that you can get in the hotel otherwise you need to buzz reception. Did not take the breakfast option as I had a very early start/late finish but the next morning when I came down to check out it wafted through the air and smelt lovely. :) The only downsides to my room (515) is that one of the flexi-bedside lights did not work and the strip-light behind the bed was very temperamental. There was also a light out in the bathroom above the mirror but given there was plenty of light that is a non-issue - it might even be deliberate? I don't know. I was going to report the light issues on checking out but there was no-one on reception when I dropped off my card. Another issue which the hotel might want to take up (and it would be much appreciated) is that the room is full of glare at night from the neighbouring office - they switch on their lights and keep them on during the night! Such a waste. Turning the lights off could reduce the glare by half. :) Other than that, it was a good stay and a very good location to Tower Hill Coach station for my day-trip to Bruges.

Room Tip: Higher floor 5 is quiet zone
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Martin. We are pleased to learn that you are happy with your overall experience with us, although we would like to apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay. Please rest assured we have made the Hotel Manager aware of this, so it may be looked into further. Thank you again for your review and we do hope this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

Even though I have read view
wsfc stating this hotel is noisy because it's near the train and tube station I didn't have any problems with noise. The breakfast was lovely and staff were friendly. The only down side was the room and bathroom wasnt as big as i hoped but still plenty of room for two pwople. We are looking at coming to stay again next year.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 27 November 2015

I stayed for a week while on business in London. Reception was friendly on arrival and quick and efficient. Another patron was having trouble due to someone cancelling their booking (at the patron's admin side of things) but the receptionist went the extra mile to accommodate the guest - a good start.
I had a good night's sleep even though I was on the train side of the hotel. Rooms are basic but clean and well serviced by housekeeping. Breakfast was good but not great - staff are helpful enough if you ask.
I didn't eat any other meals in the hotel. A good no frills hotel but well located 10 mins walk to Towerbridge, 2 mins from Tower of London. Served by Towerhill underground on the Circle and District lines.

Stayed: November 2015