All reviewsmood lightingrooms are smallgreat locationironing roomshort staystreet stationfrosted glasstrendy hotelno windowair conbrick lanecomfy bedrestaurants and barsa great staybudget hotelbusiness tripnight's sleep
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Arrived at the hotel to be told I'd been moved to another hotel because of a flood- no apology, just handed a print off from Google maps with the directions to walk three-year as it was late and I'd had a long day of travelling and working I was too tired to question. The alternative room at the Liverpool Street hotel was very noisy from the trains all evening. Pre-paid breakfast- I was asked for a voucher which I hadn't been given- made to feel I was lying and had to prove it was paid for- no apology, rude staff. Will not be using this hotel chain again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank tstern451828
Frontdesk T, GSA at Point A Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write down this feedback,

I would like to start by apologizing for the inconvenience you had with us. It is not part of our standard providing such a bad experience to our guests.

The situation at Point A Shoreditch was unforeseen and unavoidable hence the relocation. However, If you do decide to stay with us again, please just let us know beforehand and I will personally see to it that you will have the Point A Shoreditch experience.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, we will make sure this won't be overlooked.

Have a great day!.

Massimiliano

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Location of the hotel is ideal. Very wheelchair friendly which is nice to see. The cleanliness of the bathroom wasn't great, found a string of hair in the sink and the bathroom floors weren't clean. We stayed there for 2 nights, on our second night, we came back to a uncleaned room, no new sheets, or bed even made up which I found quite odd! Never have I experienced that even if we left our room at 10.30am!! Just new towels placed on the bed. No new bathroom foot towel either. The location is the best part of this hotel. The noise level from the corridors is loud enough, you can hear the lift.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Frontdesk T, Receptionist at Point A Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are sorry to read about the inconveniences experienced during your stay.

Our Policy state that we do clean our Rooms after the 3rd Nights of your stay but however if you would like to have cleaning service on a daily basis there is a fee of (£8).

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured these will not be overlooked.

We will make sure to provide relevant training to the housekeeping team members. It will definitely help improve our service and please accept our apologies.

We hope to welcome you again to our hotel as this isn't the standard experience we offer to our guests and we want to show you we can definitely do better.

Have an excellent Day.

Danielle.B

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Staying at the point A on business, the location of the accommodation was just off a main street, reception were friendly, room was compact but its not adveritised as a grand room. It had all the essentials and was very clean and tidy.
Breakfast was small but did the job.
Overall a pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Frontdesk T, GSS at Point A Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello amyharvey171,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!

It's brilliant you had such a good stay with us, even for just one night. Our rooms are indeed compact but designed to offer you everything you need for a short stay when you're getting from Point A to point b. Cleanliness is held in high regard at our hotel and our team members ensure daily everything is neat and tidy for our guests.
The breakfast is definitely welcomed if you have to head to the office early morning or just to start your day in the right way.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to welcome you again soon!

Have a great day,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I booked this hotel for myself and 5 colleagues while on a business trip. I was attracted to the hotel first for location, second for the price and third for the other great reviews.
It was exactly as described on their site and in reviews, which is small but has everything you need. My colleagues did make a few jabs about the size of their rooms but they then all went on to say its clean, well located and had everything you need.

I found it to be clean and perfectly sufficient for one person, I wouldn't recommend staying here for two people. I'm not sure where a second person would put their bags.
Room was clean, however something to note is they do not service the room other than empty the bin daily. I stayed 5 days and it wasn't serviced.
Staff are friendly and helpful, comp tea and coffee is great and it has a comfortable lounge area to work in.
If you are in London on business or to explore the city and don't need a room for anything other than sleeping in than this is the place for you. Next time i'm in town (alone) ill stay here.

Room Tip: dont bother paying more for a window, its tiny and pointless.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hello Emma S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a thorough review!

We're very glad you got your colleagues to experience staying at Point A and that our facilities and room standards made them have a change of heart. Our hotel definitely grows on you, not just from the point of view of discovering the great design of the rooms or cool gadgets but also from the staff side, as our team members are helpful and enthusiastic to cater to our guests' needs.

We really appreciate your recommendation and we hope to welcome you and your colleagues again!

Have a great week,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Besides the fact I don't want to be in a room for disabled people unless I ask for one: everything was okay. Helpful people, easy to find and on a good location. Might come back once, in a normal room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Hello jndkgrf,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience.

I'm sorry to read about the inconvenience you had with your room during your stay and I hope it didn't impact your overall experience with our hotel. Our standard rooms are slightly smaller and have a different interior design and we will definitely make sure to have that for you next time.

We do hope in the future you can give us another chance to prove we are better than your recent experience.

Have a nice day,