“Extraordinary quality - just wow!”
Review of CERU

CERU
Ranked #157 of 27,194 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 13 - USD 38
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Lively mezze restaurant serving dishes and drinks inspired by the flavours of the eastern Mediterranean coast also known as the Levant. Gluten free options, healthy yet indulgent , the food is created to share, to provide guests with an unforgettable experience. Open all day sevens days a week (including brunch at weekends from 11am until 5pm) alongside with All Day menu.
Reviewed 28 September 2018

If I could give this place 6 stars, I would. We booked in here for lunch on a rather gloomy Sunday and came out - despite the rain - just having had a fantastic lunch. My wife had a mix of gluten-free small plates, all of which were exceptional with delicate infused flavours whilst I had the Weekend Brunch Shakshuka which was equally good.

Service is very good, giving good advice on the choices available without being imposing. The atmosphere is relaxed and informal.

Just a wonderful place to eat.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 28 September 2018

My wife and I ate at CERU recently, and didn't linger after eating our food (eclectic but not great) because of the noise. Maybe we caught it on a bad night but the crowd was very lively and more than a bit boisterous. Maybe it's a generational issue but I like to be able to talk with my wife without having to shout above the din.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Really recommend the lamb shoulder, add the rice side to enhance the flavour! Food comes out fresh as it's prepared/ready so best to decide to share some dishes. For 3 people we ordered 5 dishes and 2 sides. Will he back again!!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Yummy! If you just walk down the street as we did regularly, you get this incredible aroma. I'd like to bottle it, better yet, I'd like to know how to recreate their recipes back here in the US. We saw the restaurant was well attended one night walking home and decided to eat there next day. We managed to go twice during our 5-night stay in London. Each dish was fragrant, delicious and imaginative. Their rice in incredible, as well as lamb, chicken, peach/lettuce salad, everything we had! Plus excellent service. Let me now when you write a cookbook.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere for lunch to get out of the rain and came across this place. It was packed, which is always a good sign, but they managed to squeeze us in. The food was amazing, seriously tasty, and the service good too. We also appreciated the wine list and were pleasantly surprised by the Sauvignon blank from Crete that we’ll definitely try to find again! Can’t wait to come back again!