“Great good, very tight!”
Review of Temper

Temper
Reserve with OpenTable
Temper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,162 of 24,813 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Soho
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was here recently with clients. The food was very tasty, but the restaurant was so crowded, it was hard to walk to the bathroom without hitting other people sitting at tables.

The food reminded me of something you would east as a treat, and not as a typical meal, based on the amount of fat and garnishes. But, whatever it was very tasty. Service needs improvement, but typical for London.

Hello marcvtec,

Glad you had fun at temper - sorry about the amount of bodies, we pride ourselves on being fast and busy because our fab guests create the atmosphere!

We are indeed a treat restaurant, thank you for coming to join us! We hope to host you and clients again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Temper. After moving from the counter stools that did not agree with ones back we chose a selection of small plates from each section.

All the food was very tasty and the service was second to none even to the point telling me that there was already a 12.5% service included in the price.

Drinks as ever a little steep for my liking and I do wish that the plates supplied to eat hot food off was at least warm if not well heated.

Hi tenfourman,

Thank you for your comments. Really pleased to hear that you had a good time with us! Hopefully we will see you soon and we'll make sure we give you hot plates this time, as it should be!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband and I visited the restaurant mid week and were unbelievably disappointed with the quality of the food on offer at this restaurant. As it was a last minute decision to visit the restaurant, I rang ahead to see if there were any tables available. The lady on the phone informed us that there would only be seats available at the area in the centre where you watch the chefs cook however when we got to the restaurant it was half empty and we were seated at a table. I do not understand why she needed to lie about this! We paid around £75 for 2 drinks, 3 of the smaller tapas and 2 of the bigger dishes along with 1 side. Out of the dishes we ate 2 were vaguely tasty however the rest were awful and had a weird smell to them. A few of the dishes we ate didn't come with a sauce and I can't believe you had to pay an extra £1 for sauces or however much it was. We were celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary and didn't want to spoil our day by complaining but we both agreed this should definitely not be in the time out best london restaurant list - maybe the worst?!

1  Thank rainfoodie

Hello rainfoodie,

We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience at temper. In regards to the movement of tables and counters, throughout a service lots of booking can change and there is plenty of movement so I assure you the host on the phone wasn't lying.

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food - we try very hard here to focus on big flavours and bold combinations. With our meats we don't automatically add a sauce because we try to let the meat do the talking! Thank you for your feedback - we thrive off knowledge of the guest's experience so we improve.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Really great meal. The food was great and the service, mainly from Deborah, was perfect. The restaurant is really cool, we especially loved the great music they were playing all night.

Hi James K,

Thank you for letting us know how much fun you had - we will be sure to pass on your message of praise to Deb. We are so happy you had a great time here, hopefully we'll get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I visited Temper Soho with my wife as part of our birthday celebrations. We hadn't booked but they were able to seat us on a Saturday lunchtime. The first table was a little inconvenient and the waitress asked us if we would like to move (good service). Eventually we ordered - the waitress advised us to order 2 x Tacos; 2 x Tostadas and 2 x smoked meats. Having seen the episode of Masterchef I wanted to try the Cheesburger tacos- the Beef dripping tacos and the duck carnitas also caught my eye.
The food was amazing - very tasty; albeit too spicy for my wife who was unable to eat anything due to the ubiquitous jalapenos.
Overall would definitely visit again

Hi RhysCL,

Thank you for your feedback. Really pleased we managed to sort you a better table - sorry the food was a little intense for you guys. WE focus on big flavours and so sometimes it doesn't suit all palates, but we're super pleased you had a good time - see you again soon!