“great meal”

Ranked #1,666 of 24,651 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 9 - USD 18
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After a long day of sightseeing, we were FAMISHED. We had seen the restaurant on the Food Network and wished to make our own decisions. Had the wings which were SOOOO flavorful and huge. The burnt ends and fries were delish and worth the drive. As a budding BBQ aficionado, this place was legit. The homemade root beer was not the best so I would suggest skipping it. Everything else was GREAT!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,720)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Looked for somewhere to Eat and Drink whilst watching the Football, found this place by chance really looking at the where the Games were being shown.
Sat down and ended up ordering 2 for 1 cocktails and a meal. Was comfortable enough. Our Server was relatively attentive - it wasn't at all busy and we were sat in the restaurant area upstair near to the bar. There is also a downstairs which is where the toilets are situated - with no lift and steep stairs- so not suitable for disabled.

We ended up having really good food - We had a Lil Jake Burger (that was mine and was really well cooked - I don't like them well done and it was served pink) and also a Hot Dog with some Burnt Ends on the side. Both of which were delivered in a reasonable time.

To finish we both had milkshakes - one with a shot of rum in and another with a shot of vodka which we mixed in. Very nice!

We walked away happy and full having seen the Game and also had some good food.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Nice place, nice enough nachos, all-right burger, but that milkshake.. I cannot even rate it on a milkshake scale.. it is _not_ a milkshake.. it is a slightly-strawberry-flavoured milk.. a disgrace.. won't be coming back.. a drinkable milkshake is essential to me.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My friends and I visited London on vacation and stumbled upon Bodean's for lunch while at the Tower of London. We were seated right away - the upstairs looks very deceiving (small, few tables), however there is a huge basement area with many tables. Our waiter, Brendan, was extremely friendly and was a huge help in offering advice on where to go while in London. The food itself was decent. We ordered mac and cheese balls for an appetizer, but we had to order 2 orders since only 3 came in the order. The BBQ food was decent and the food was moderately priced. The pulled pork and rib combination was very small portion size. It could also be that we are used to American portions, which tend to be on the larger side. On the plus side, we were offered a 5 pound discount if we did a review online through the restaurant's website, which we did.

I would recommend this place if visiting the Tower of London since there aren't too many restaurants with walk in seating in the area, but would probably not seek this place out just to go for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Paid a visit on Tuesday, had the game day special. The food is not what it used to be.
I have been a number of times over the years to this place and I think it’s had its day and they are living off the previous good reputation and tourists.
The small spoonful of pulled pork was an insult. The chicken and ribs were ok.

When going downstairs the corridor absolutely stunk of a bin lorry. I think the fire exit leading to the outside bin area had been left open and the smell was really intense of bins.

I think they need to go back to what made them so popular because they are falling very short of expectations now.