“Great room for breakfast”

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 25,017 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 0 - USD 200
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Excellent full English breakfast the first day and excellent light breakfast the second.. Excellent service in a beautifully appointed room.

Jim_P_Lyons, Food and Beverage Manager at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Michael K,

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your recent visit for breakfast in The Foyer and Reading Room.The team look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

with kind regards,

Food and Beverage Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,338)

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We booked a table for dinner in the reading room for last Saturday and had a really lovely evening. The ambience is just perfect with good service that is not over bearing and provided by friendly, professional staff. The food we chose was excellent (as always) and we finished with a cup of coffee that was as good as any you'll find anywhere. This was our third year on the trot and is now a firmly established tradition to go to Claridges to celebrate at least one of our birthdays.

Dear Laurie B,

I was delighted to read that Claridge's has become part of your family birthday celebration traditions. Thank you for the kind comments you share in regard to the service. I was delighted to read the description which you have shared. I have of course taken the opportunity to speak to both the service and culinary teams in regard to your wonderful experience.

The team look forward to being a part of your next family birthday celebration.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Thank you to ALL the staff at Claridges for an amazing stay. From beginning to end our stay was magical. Every member of staff were so friendly and welcoming. It was my 50th birthday as I was made to feel very special indeed. We are looking forward to coming back soon and bringing our son next time as the atmosphere was so warm and friendly. Thank you everyone for a perfect stay.

2  Thank Sarah-Jane Y

Dear Sarah-Jane Y,

Thank you for the kind words you have shared following your recent stay at Claridge's. I was delighted to read that the team have gone above and beyond to make your celebration feel so special.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit which hopefully will be in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I treated my mum to a champagne afternoon tea at claridges which is served in the Foyer. The staff were very attentive (personal preference from me would not to be asked quite so many times how things are or do I need anything else but know that’s all part of the service)

The decor and ambience is really lovely and my mum who loves Art Deco style interiors and 1920s/30s style absolutely loved it. The choice of teas were a good range and you had the option to have more than one type as well as to have more sandwiches/any of the ‘courses’ (sandwiches, scones and cakes)

Food was pleasant - the rose champagne lovely. There was also some piano music played live which we enjoyed, would have been nice for a little more of it as seemed to be only a few minutes then disappeared.

Would happily go again as a treat.

£60 for afternoon tea and £70 for rose champagne option. 12.5% service charge is added.

Dear jnash84,

Thank you for choosing The Foyer and Reading Room as the restaurant to treat your mum for afternoon tea. I was delighted to read your kind comments in regards to the service. I note that the service has been at times over intrusive for which I pass my apologies. Thank you for your recommendation in regard to the tea pairing. It is certainly an element of the service which we enthusiastically encourage our guests to try, I acknowledge your feedback in regard to the live music. It is unfortunate on this occasion that the length of time played has come across as short. Of course I appreciate you sharing this with me so it can be improved on for future guest experience. jnash84 we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jim

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I went to The Foyer at Claridge's for lunch with my sisters prior to a concert a the Royal Albert Hall.
From the moment we stepped into the hotel until the moment we left we were treated with warmth and professionalism from every member of staff.
We were sat in front of the fire in wonderful, comfortable chairs and were given the menu. We all opted for the menu du jour as it had great choices for all members of our party, vegetarian, pescatarian and meat eaters and it represented excellent value for money.
The food came beautifully presented on warm plates and the portions were a good size. We were all very happy with the choices we'd made and the flavours were wonderfully intense.
In addition to our 3 course meal we had a bottle of Chablis between us and we finished our meal with coffee/tea and petit fours. The cost was £65.25 each, which included the service charge and it was worth every penny.
I would highly recommend lunch at Claridges and cannot wait for my next visit.

Dear ALH57,

Thank for taking the time to review your lunch experience following your visit to The Foyer and Reading Room. I was delighted to read your kind comments in regard to the ambiance, service, food and beverage offering. I will of course be sharing with the respective teams.
The team look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.