“Fantastic!”
Review of Ormer Mayfair

Ormer Mayfair
Reserve with OpenTable
Ormer Mayfair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 23,854 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 36 - USD 55
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: This stunning art deco inspired interior of the restaurant, located in the heart of Mayfair, is awash with 1930s glamour with leather banquette seating, dark oak wall panelling and hand-crafted chevron glass screens. Inspiration for the food comes from Rankin's acclaimed Jersey restaurant that has held a Michelin star since 2013.
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. We had the tasting menu and every course was beautifully made. The only thing that let it down was the time it took to serve the main courses. We sat down at 8pm but didn't get the main until around 10pm - but the waiters offered us complimentary wine to make up for it. The rabbit truffle gnocchi was the highlight of the meal and I Would definitely visit again! Better than some Michelin restaurants I have visited!

2  Thank Jess C

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We were there for the £25 Timeout vegetarian 3 course meal and were not disappointed. Firstly the professionism of the staff was exceptional who made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived, were attentive and always at hand.

The Heritage beets with kalamata sorbet was exquisite and the Cherry Souffle was a great finish to an amazing meal. I will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This place has been open just a year and it's clearly doing great.

My partner and I went on a Friday night for the tasting menu, which was absolutely amazing from start to finish, better than other Michelin star restaurants we've both eaten at.

Because this place doesn't have a star yet since its new, the prices are very reasonable, especially the drinks. The prosecco was only £7 and the cheapest glass of wine was £5.

We especially loved the salad, soup, fish, lamb, pre-dessert, dessert, and the petit-four (which is everything except the jersey crabs which was still good but not relatively to the other courses).

They almost spoiled us with too much truffles and other ingredients!

The service was very professional. We got to chat with some of the staff and managers as we ate which made the experience even nicer.

The bill was less than £100 per person. That's crazy!

The Michelin guidebook comes out in October - if they don't get a star, I don't know what's wrong with the world. I hope they don't change anything even with a star or two!

2  Thank kiyeran
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I knew nothing about this place. Some restaurants that I used to go no longer exist and some that still do disappointed me last time, so I thought I should try a new one.

I booked through Bookatable, which was 35 pounds for 3-course lunch with a glass of champagne and petits fours. (It costs exactly the same even if you book direct with the restaurant, though.)

I was told that I could have grouse for the main course with a 8-pounds supplement, which was a nice surprise as I had thought it might be too early for the season. The first course I chose was smoked salmon, which was brought still being smoked, as it were, and it was interesting to look at. The grouse was breast and rather a small portion, but it wasn't too bad for this price. I had camembert for desert, which was good enough.

The service is attentive, and the only 'complaint' I might have is that Half Moon Street is rather dingy, and even though the restaurant is in the basement, one could see through the window, a rather unattractive sight. It's better perhaps just to look at your companion if you have any, or look at the interior of the restaurant.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I ate here tonight with my son and his partner. We. We were all very impressed . The food was inventive and delicious and we particularly enjoyed the amuses bouches which added interest and variety. Our waitress was very helpful and charming. The restaurant was comfortable and stylish ( lovely tables!). I thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank byrony7