“Tourist Tripe -a house speciality”
Review of Hi Sushi Salsa

Hi Sushi Salsa
Ranked #2,679 of 23,220 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 20 - USD 78
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017

London does this so well. Put a restaurant in a great location and serve up lousy food. It's shameful. Just like this place. We turned up midweek, school hols and all looking for a quick bite. Our first intention was Kerb, up kids in tow and little in the way of seating meant we skipped over the bridge to this place. The draw being empty outside seating as the sun was shining. A warning if ever there was one.

After being ingnored for 10-15mins we ordered a bunch of shared stuff, all of which, when it finally came was average to poor.

It's not the worst food you will have eaten, but you will have eaten a better version of what they serve up in other, and quite possibly cheaper, places. Possibly with the exception being the tempura which was light and crisp and not in the least bit greasy.

During the whole meal, we kept glancing over at Kerb and their bustling food stalls, just knowing anyone of them was serving up better food than what we were eating.

This is not a bad place, it's worse than that - it's a cynical place. Uncaring, lazy and happy to rely on it's location to draw in people,

A place best avoided. Especially when there's so much better on offer all around you

There are newer reviews for Hi Sushi Salsa

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I'm a regular here as not only is it the perfect location right in Camden lock with a large outside space but the food and drinks are reliably good. Our later visit with friends was no exception except the tempura weren't as nice as usual - greasy and tasteless. But disappointing. Happy with every other aspect of our experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Visited here with my sister a few days ago for sushi, the restaurant itself is in a great location and has very nice decor.
We were greeted and given menus, they have some great cocktails, I opted for a negroni to start with which was delicious and then moved on to wine (also very nice).

The sushi menu was quite large and quite expensive, we ordered a mix of tempura, sushi, lobster and gyoza.

The food was good but nothing memorable which was quite disappointing after spending over £100, the lobster tasted a lot like potato and the portion was very small.

Presentation however was great and service was quick. Probably wouldn't return but I'm glad I tried it.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I went here to celebrate a friend's birthday and I have to say I was impressed by the scenery and the fact that it is located 10 mins away from Camden Town tube station and in close proximity to Camden Market.

Food-wise, the dishes were quite decent as we went with both the sushi buffet and a la carte options. The sushi choices were very diverse including California rolls, avocado and cucumber rolls among others. As for the hot food, I wasn't too overly keen on the spring rolls but I like the grilled squid, teriyaki beef and the chicken curry.

It is a bit on the pricey side and the service isn't always quick but it is a good location to go with friends/family if it's a nice day and you are visiting Camden.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Poor quality sushi. Expensive tuna tataki served over a very plain plate of lettuce. Service wasn't great - no attempt to point to dishes other than the 2 most expensive ones (sign of a very poor server). Tired restaurant with a very work / torn seat covering.