“Poor quality sushi that made me sick”
Review of Mai Sushi

Mai Sushi
Ranked #1,088 of 26,072 Restaurants in London
Price range: AU$15 - AU$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras
Description: Mai Sushi is located near Kings cross/Euston station and just behind the British Library. Little restaurant for perfect lunch and dinner with very warm greeting. All sushi and Sashimi are made on order, so you get the best taste of freshness of all ingredients.
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Came here based on positive reviews but unfortunately the food gave me food poisoning and diarhea. We ordered the sushi bento box and unagi rice. The sashimi was 100% frozen and not fresh hence making it mushy and tasted funny. I would stay away in order to avoid getting sick.

1  Thank Sophie C

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I was introduced to this little gem, last weekend, and I must say one of the best sushi I have eaten.
The place is small, and you should make a reservation, otherwise you end up queuing outside.
The food is very tasty, well presented, and not too expensive.
The staff was very friendly.
I will return

1  Thank Sandocas82
Reviewed 21 August 2016

food is amazing. would recommend crab meat in the shell served with flame on it. sashimi was really good. good quality of fish. they also serve plum wine which could be perfect addition to your meal. full table of sushi for 2-3 people would cost 50-60 pound.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Jackulla
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have been here 5 times so far and each time we have been served delicious sushi and sashimi. The tuna roll and dragon rolls are amazing! We don't drink so I can't comment on the alcohol but the food comes served on a wooden boat! I love it.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We needed some fresh and tasty food after a few drinks in Kings Cross. Reviews are accurate. It was packed on a Tuesday evening around 8. We had a sushi platter and grilled scallops. Service good, food excellent. Highly recommend. Not a grand place so if you need style, don't bother, if you want great food at very reasonable prices go.