“Best Vegetarian Mussaka in London”
Review of Liman Restaurant

Liman Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 23,593 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 13 - USD 31
Description: Temporary closed from the 31st of July untill the 14th of august. Established in 2016. The Liman Restaurant means port in the Turkish language, however the restaurant opens its doors to all aspects of the mediterranean kitchen. The kitchen will be mostly focused on Mediterranean food; the owners of the restaurant are young professional chefs who can bring new, exciting tastes to Angel, Islington which will show trough in the quality of food they prepare.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have been in this restaurant many times and I have tasted all their vegetarian dishes. I have to say their Vegetarian Mussaka is one of the best that you can find. Forget the classic layered aubergine filled with tomato sauce. This Mussaka includes potato, courgette and ricotta cheese at the bottom. The top layer is cover with fresh baby leaves and some granna padano cheese. What else can a vegetarian ask?
I am happy to have discovered this great restaurant, all their dishes are awesome and the service is as sweet as their delicious baklava, delicately served with rose petals. A beautiful detail.

3  Thank Dianafis

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Can see why this restaurant was voted one of the best in London. The food was amazing and I was surprised at how little the whole meal cost us for what it was. The staff went above and beyond to make our experience enjoyable - our waitress Ellie was superb. Will definitely be back!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The place was very cozy! The waitresses were especially welcoming and set up a table for us in no time.
We had amazing hummus and borek for starters. I had the lamb chops as a main, which were cooked to perfection!
The baklavas were very delicate and were accompanied by a very nice Turkish tea.
We will definitely be back soon!

3  Thank Óscar S
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I have been here about 4 times whilst working in London, the food is simply excellent and the service great!

1  Thank KevLP009
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My wife and I took time to go to Liman for lunch one day. It's off the beaten path for tourists which is good but you will have to make the effort to go there. If you do, you will have fabulous Turkish food. We ordered the Greek salad, chicken kebab and lamb shish. The Greek salad was fresh and prepared after ordering. The kebabs were both moist and flavorful. The lamb was possibly the best ever--beating several restaurants in Istanbul. Make the trip to Liman--you will enjoy! Also, this is listed as a moderately priced restaurant but it's inexpensive for London and great food.

1  Thank Tom W