“food are ok, the manager has very bad attitude”
Review of The Tea Terrace

The Tea Terrace
Ranked #18,180 of 24,832 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 4 - USD 19
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Reviewed 6 April 2018

not young children friendly. place is beautiful , cakes is okay , coffee is bad.
the manager (tall, with long black hair) is very very rude. Won't go there again.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We were so excited to book the cinderella carage for my niece 8th birthday.. it for the Saturday 24 th at 5.30... food was to standard ... we were a party of 4. We Ordered 1 afternoon tea and 3 meals .. service was awful never experience anything like.. we had no napkins or cutlery in the carage, tea came with no milk had to ask for it.. our dessert ( was still cold apple crumble) came before our main meal how incompetent is that.. we had to keep asking for things like salt... were not attentive at al.. felt like they were rushing us as they closed at 7... we payed over £120 for this so not cheap at all... very upset and disappointed.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

A business colleague and I were looking for somewhere for a quick sensible lunch - a sandwich and a drink...without long queues or squashed seating. So up on the second floor of House of Fraser is the quiet and rather dainty tea terrace. It isn't a terrace but an in store tea room with a good range of sensibly priced jacket potatoes, sandwiches and snacks - not to mention teas and coffees. there was a birthday party going on for some ladies in the 'carriage' in the centre of the tea terrace but otherwise it was deserted. Service was quick - and although unexceptional it suited our needs. the sandwiches came with chips and salad...and actually it was just fine for us. An oasis of calm in a busy shopping and office area!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Cinderella carriage very tatty and dirty. Table covering coming away, paint chipped and no flooring to the carriage just a piece of plywood obviously they had took the flooring up and hadn't replaced it. Food very expensive for what it was basically pub food but three times the price. Emailed company a week ago to give them the opportunity to address my concerns before I left his review but still no response. It was meant to be a magical trip with my grand daughter but we were disappointed. Such a shame as the carriage could be lovely with some tlc !!! Such a missed opportunity.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I can only wish I had looked at the reviews on here...

Booked one of the carriages as a treat on Valentine’s Day for the children, which cost nearly £70, arrived at appointed time and carriage was empty, after some initial confusion over booking were shown to the carriage.

The carriage itself was very good to look at but once in it was a very tight fit (especially when table extension goes in effectively trapping you in) and is best described as flimsy, any movement sends the carriage shaking, the floor coverings were quite sticky, which led to the actual floor covering lifting up as you moved your feet around, the cushioning on the seats moved around fairly freely and unfortunately were smeared in places with food from previous occupants...

After at least 20 minutes into what is a one hour booking in the carriage we were still waiting for service, which was surprising given our waving, arising from the carriage and leaving it rocking in my wake I approached the three staff members that were busy chatting behind the till/bar area an order was taken, 30 mins later a hot club sandwich was presented which contained brown, spoiled lettuce and very over cooked dry chicken.... ten minutes later the rest of the order was brought over, this consisted of cold sandwiches that appeared to have been put together by a child, clumps of butter/hard cheese/economy sliced white. There was also some coleslaw that had that sort of brownish tinge it gets when old and been out too long.

Staff honestly didn’t seem to give two hoots about any of the issues we had with the service and food, but thankfully we were able to get hold of the general manager for the store via mobile...

We didn’t pay for any of the food as it was awful and are awaiting a refund of the carriage cost, however I’m not holding my breath.

I’m short I would not visit again, I wish I never had and I would advise anyone to do the same.

If you want a breakfast, light lunch or an afternoon tea there are any number of establishments within a short walk...

Frankly avoid.

1  Thank nodlikeyoucare

Been to The Tea Terrace? Share your experiences!