“Lovely pizza for dinner”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #8,775 of 25,561 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 0 - USD 43
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Greenwich (Church Street) offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went there before we headed off to the cinema for early dinner and had pizzas and soft drinks. We used a voucher we had from before so the price was good and pizzas were yummy. Would go there again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I visited with friends. The service was ok. We ordered and shared a pizza, mozzarella and tomato salad and calamaris. The atmosphere was normal. My friend ordered a Caesar salad and her husband had polenta chips and a pizza. It was a bit noisy. We just ate and left.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We popped in for a quick bite to eat one evening and found this to be pretty much what I'd expect from a branch of Pizza Express. They weren't overly busy and we were seated immediately. Good service and we both ordered the lasagne which was nice. The one thing I did find is that it was very cold where I was sitting. They have 2 sets of doors so you have a sort of lobby area and I was backing onto that, and you could feel the cold coming through the glass.

One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't appear to be Pizza Express' policy to come and ask if everything is okay once your food has been served. Not that we had any problems on this occasion but it's nice when someone takes the time to check.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I am only giving 2 out of 5 because the poor lady that was responsible for the downstairs area where we were seated was doing the best she could in extremely difficult circumstances.

This is far and away the worst experience I have ever had in a pizza express. Clearly way too few staff during half term in a tourist area.

The delay in filling orders was horrendous. Everyone was complaining.

Terrible terrible. My heart went out to our server.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to a few pizza expresses in the past but unfortunately this one was below par. They obviously rely on a busy tourist trade due to location so don’t think customer service is paramount. I wait for my drink for 20 mins only to be told they had none. My daughters meal seemed smaller than normal and the staff seemed nonchalant. I won’t be returning as there’s plenty of other nice, family restaurants in the area.