“Amazing Brunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Transit: London Bridge tube; Borough High Street exit followed by a ten minute walk down Southwark street. Southwark tube: Exit the station and follow the orange lamp posts to Southwark Street, we are 2 minutes on the right. Black cab from anywhere in London.
Description: The South Bank's ultimate hidden gem, The Table offers a pedigree interpretation on traditional British cuisine. The Table's award-winning brunch has become renowned as one of London's best dishes, and the restaurant's commitment to ethical sourcing has earned The Table a 2-star rating from the Sustainable Restaurant Association. Within this fantastic glass structure, retreat from the South Bank's bustle for breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were staying upstairs from this cafe in the Mercure and it was always so busy. Decided to give it a go and it was amazing! It catered to everyone: I had vegan pancakes, my sister had a veggie breakfast, my mum had spiced plum French toast and my dad had breakfast bacon bruschetta. It was such a pretty brunch spot and we sat outside in their outdoor seating which was covered and heated. The staff were soo friendly and it was well priced for what you got. Would highly recommend as somewhere special for brunch

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We were here for a group dinner midweek. We had all been asked to order in advance, a week before - I'm not sure why restaurants do this as our group was not that big and I find it a bit annoying. Can I first say our waitress was delightful and worked hard all night with a smile for everybody. No fault there. We ordered cocktails hoping to take advantage of the "happy hour" and I must say they were very tiny and did not feel very alcoholic to me. The food was average. I had ordered Cod Cheeks which were mainly a huge lump of batter with a tiny bit of fish in the middle. Burger was OK.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend came for brunch(without reservation), place was quiet busy, but we were greeted by the smile of the girl by the door she is been really helpfull giving us a table in the terrace outside after 15 minutes, even if it was bit cold for us, food and service that we receved worth more than enough!!
Defo we ll come back! If you re around London bridge or southwark you must go!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We went there for Sunday brunch - and after sitting there for 5 min 3 people ask us if we were ready to place our food order. They were all very pushy and made us feel like we were in a rush despite ordering 2 coffees. After sitting there for 15 min the hostess came to our table and ask us if we wanted to order breakfast or wait for dinner. She was very rude and I find this behaviour appalling especially after spending £55 for 2 breakfasts. She then returned to tell us they needed our table again in a very rude manner and I didn't have time to finish my 2nd coffee. I understand she might needed her table back but there is way to speak to customers so it doesn't come across so rudely also a heads up about how long we have table for before sitting would have been appreciated. Thankfully one of the waitresses with pink hair was very lovely and smiley and made our experience more enjoyable.

Shaun A, Owner at The Table Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi Sarah,

Just read this with dismay, I'm so sorry you had a rubbish experience, the last thing we would want is for you to have felt rushed and worse, condescended to. There's little else I can say here other than I'll do my very best to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Please contact me on shaun@thetablecafe.com to discuss further.

Best wishes,
Shaun

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The Table Cafe offers a good selection of breakfast and brunch options that looks appetizing and are yummy! Overall the prices are also reasonable! I ordered "The Stack" in this occasion and really like the dish. It comes along with a greenish sauce which I didn't like - the dish is good on its own! Recommend!