“Good Old School Curry Shop”
Review of The Thames

The Thames
Ranked #6,804 of 24,651 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 33 - USD 53
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Thames has been serving authentic Indian cuisine for over three decades. Located just a short walk away from the London Eye & Waterloo Station. The restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes based on traditional recipes from the sub-continent. For everything that is best about the rich textures and subtle spices of Indian cooking visit The Thames today.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Dropped in for a Friday night dinner with friends. Perfectly adequate curry house. Nothing special, but clean & friendly and service was very good. No surprises on the menu. Would recommend.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Popped in for a late night curry and weren't disappointed. Friendly helpful staff and excellent food. Buzzing atmosphere too. We will definitely return when next in London. Thank you very much guys.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We dined here early one evening after visiting the nearby Imperial War Museum. It's located directly opposite the main entrance to Waterloo station.

On arrival, we were directed to a table right next to another party, although there were several free tables elsewhere.

Unfortunately the food did not make up for this. Our starters of aloo shingara (vegetarian samosa) and katchori (pastry containing peas) were decent enough, as were the puris.

My wife's niramish (dried vegetables) was decidedly oily and my Goan fish curry pretty bland.

The house white wine was French and reasonably palatable at £12.50 for a bottle. Our Irish coffees also lacked alcoholic content.

The bill came to £56, which wasn't too bad but the overall experience was one that I will not be repeating.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The staff were very friendly and efficient.

We had a papadom each. Followed by two starters which we shared: Fish Amritsari and King Prawn Shan E Thames Tandoor, neither of which I'd seen on an Indian menu before. Both were well presented and very tasty.

For our main courses, I had Goan Fish Curry and my wife had Chicken Passanda. The dishes were delicious and the meat and fish were beautifully tender. We also shared a peshwari naan, which was probably the best I've had.

The bill came to around £62, which also included pilau rice, a bottle of mineral water and a bottle of house wine (excellent value at £12). Overall I thought it was excellent value for central London - Waterloo Station is within sight of the restaurant.

I'd certainly reccomend this restaurant. It's as good as any of the best Indian restaurants I've eaten in.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Went here with friends, on a Thursday night, having only booked a table via phone an hour earlier.
From the moment we arrived the staff treated us really well, and they were very helpful with menu knowledge.
The food itself was really good, decent portions, fresh, and tasty.
I would happily go back to this restaurant.