“Nice service and tasty food”
Review of Island Grill & Bar

Island Grill & Bar
Ranked #147 of 23,994 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 14 - USD 56
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In a delightful location overlooking Hyde Park, Island Grill is a stylish split-level restaurant and bar within the Lancaster London Hotel. Understated contemporary decor doesn't compete with the outstanding views of the Italian Gardens, while the all-day menu offers a cosmopolitan take on British classics. A relaxed buzz completes the atmosphere of friendly sophistication.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Service was friendly and the food was prepared at the time and the kitchen was located in front of us. Prices are fair, everything we ate was so good.
Totally recommendable!

1  Thank verata13
Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We spotted this place around Hyde Park (1 min away from Lancaster gate station) on my birthday , we were not expect too much as far as it s convenience for friends to come over after their work. The food quality was far beyond everybody 's expectation. Staff are friendly, the setting is relax but cosy, The price was very reasonable.

I brought my friends come back again recently, they also highly prised the dishes they had here. 3 times I have been there, I ordered the same dish : Lamb cutely with mushroom sauce - they are great esp for this weather.

The staff served us called Sheville, he was very warm and detailed person as the 2nd time when I started to order he could remembered what I ordered for my side dish before... We really enjoyed our food experience here... Would like to come back soon.

1  Thank PaddingtonTree
Reviewed 18 November 2017

We ordered the Today's Catch, which was sea bass, as well as lamb cutlet as our mains. They were wonderful. The restaurant environment was relaxing and alive, thanks to the friendly service of Sheville. Very accessible from Paddington Station.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I went for the first time to the Island Grill & Bar with a couple of friends in early November for an evening dinner. The service from the beginning was excellent and the staff were very welcoming. I could not fault the food one bit, both the starters and the main course were delicious.The chef even tempted me to try something I've never eaten before - and it was a treat! Over all the restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and the food is a wonderful quality for a reasonable price, would definitely recommend!

2  Thank Emma T
Reviewed 14 November 2017

After having an excellent dining experience in July, I decided to try Island again for Sunday brunch with friends, a decision which we did not regret! Adam (head chef) came over and explained the menu, the food suggestions were excellent and my friends and I are already planning a date to go back! If you haven't indulged too much in the food and bottomless prosecco you can even go for a stroll around Hyde Park due to the restaurants excellent location! I can't wait to return, and will most definitely be telling all my friends about this hidden gem!

2  Thank Charlotte H