“Friday Family Dinner”

Price range: USD 13 - USD 52
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In a delightful location overlooking Hyde Park, Island Grill is a stylish split-level restaurant and bar within the Lancaster London Hotel. Understated contemporary decor doesn't compete with the outstanding views of the Italian Gardens, while the all-day menu offers a cosmopolitan take on British classics. A relaxed buzz completes the atmosphere of friendly sophistication.
Reviewed 18 November 2017

We ordered the Today's Catch, which was sea bass, as well as lamb cutlet as our mains. They were wonderful. The restaurant environment was relaxing and alive, thanks to the friendly service of Sheville. Very accessible from Paddington Station.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I went for the first time to the Island Grill & Bar with a couple of friends in early November for an evening dinner. The service from the beginning was excellent and the staff were very welcoming. I could not fault the food one bit, both the starters and the main course were delicious.The chef even tempted me to try something I've never eaten before - and it was a treat! Over all the restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and the food is a wonderful quality for a reasonable price, would definitely recommend!

2  Thank Emma T
Reviewed 14 November 2017

After having an excellent dining experience in July, I decided to try Island again for Sunday brunch with friends, a decision which we did not regret! Adam (head chef) came over and explained the menu, the food suggestions were excellent and my friends and I are already planning a date to go back! If you haven't indulged too much in the food and bottomless prosecco you can even go for a stroll around Hyde Park due to the restaurants excellent location! I can't wait to return, and will most definitely be telling all my friends about this hidden gem!

2  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Our 4th visit to the Island Grill (part of the Lancaster Royal Hotel) and it will not be our last. From start to finish the service is consistently very friendly and professional. The food menus provide a good choice without being over facing with too many options. We have enjoyed dining for Brunch and Dinner, we’re planning to experience their Sunday lunch in the not too distant future. You will need to check their website for up to date menu/wine list etc. You can choose from hamburgers, chicken, salads, fish and steaks even fish and chips and their desserts are yummy. Please note Head Chef Adam and his team add their special take on the dishes served so you won’t be disappointed. Yes the prices may seem high but this is London and the restaurant accepts Tastecard etc.

2  Thank TRT16
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Myself and a couple of girlfriends went for brunch here on the weekend, a superb location offering a delicious two course brunch menu with unlimited prosecco for a very reasonable price, a seriously good deal. Would definitely recommend the banoffee buttermilk pancakes! Already looking forward to my next visit!

2  Thank EmJane25