“Delicious but not flawless”

Red's True Barbecue - Liverpool
Ranked #308 of 1,992 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: USD 13 - USD 31
Description: The church of true barbecue.
Description: The church of true barbecue.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have been here many times and on every visit there are highs but there are also lows. On this particular visit I got the pitmaster tray hoping to satisfy a smoked meat craving. I left very full but not quite satisfied. Pot luck gave me the extra charred edges of the st Louis ribs and a dry portion of pulled pork which was difficult to chew without a large smothering of sauce. The brisket and sausage were delicious as were the skin on fries...but I'm afraid it just never hit the mark on this trip...previous experiences assure me this could just be a bad day in the kitchen so this won't stop me from coming back here. It's still hands down the best Smoked BBQ restaurant in the city.

Date of visit: April 2018
Lightening M, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Hello Richard W,

I am very happy that you are a solid believer in Reds True BBQ!

I am saddened however, that your experience wasn't top notch when you visited last. Please be rest assured that your feedback will be taken very seriously.

In the future, please don't hesitate to address any issues you have (especially with our divine meat) to your server or a member of staff as we will immediately sort this for you and either get you a fresh replacement meal or a different meal of your choice on the menu. Thanks for being so understanding in regards to the charred edges of the Louis ribs!

Hope to see you again soon Richard, keep on believing!

Charlene

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We have been offered to go out for dinner and we chose reds as we all like barbecue good choice of food or drinks and friendly staff and helpful during our meal we would go again

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great choice of meals,friendly atmopshere, great service.
Food was excellent.
It was our 1st visit to reds, Emily the waitress was so helpful and made our experience more enjoyable. Thank you.
100% reccomend, cant wait to return.
*****

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Everyone who loves meat should visit here. It's incredible, the best true BBQ place around by far. The cocktails are also incredible and 2 for 1 in happy hour you can't complain!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for the first time with my partner. It’s got an American garage theme abs the food is Barbecue and Burgers.
The staff are pleasant but really don’t go to any great lengths to delight their customers.
We both had the Juicy Burger which was pretty amazing and the skin fries were great. We had the black and blue fries as a starter and I do recommend them,
My only gripe with the food was as I ordered my burger without the bun, they still served it in the paper covered tray which made it very difficult to eat. The paper stuck to the bottom of the burger.
Despite this I enjoyed the meal and would probably go back for the burgers.