“Mother's day ”

Ranked #756 of 1,896 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We got here at 4.30 and then waited to 5.10 for our starter's .
Than 1hour later went by and the waiter's came to clean the table and was asked were are main meal.
S8he retreated to the kitchen and5 minutes later are mails arrive.
Poor service food was mediocre still hungry we would not be going back..

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We went back to Jalons for a family meal having experienced an exceptional visit the first time, great food with a live singer. We went early on a Sunday and had a mix of food from both the early bird menu and main menu which contained many similar items so choice was limited? -
The food overall was good and the service was ok however the place wasn't really busy. It just didn't match our expectation having previously experienced a much better visit. I have to agree with some of the other reviews it appears to be missing the magic that makes you want to go back. Worth a visit to form you own opinion but I would say not for a special night as there are better places.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I hadn't been here for many years, and walking in it looked warm and modern.

We went for the early bird menu, which is pretty good value, and chose Salt and pepper Crispy Chicken Fillets with sweet Chilli sauce and the BBQ Ribs as starters

The great big, full, bowl of large ribs were covered - nay smothered - in loads of rich looking BBQ Sauce. However the Ribs were lacking something - oh yes, Meat! Loads of large ribs but mostly bone! Maybe just unlucky and I can imagine them to be a lovely starter with the right ribs, and the BBQ sauce was tasty.

The Small portion (compared to the ribs) of Small Chicken Fillets were well seasoned but completely dry. I couldn't help thinking they might have been pre-cooked and then cooked again. Being so dry made the meat almost tasteless I'm afraid.

The main courses were much better. The Sunday Roast was pleasant, plentiful and well cooked. The Pork Chop was a beautiful cut of meat, if a little plain, although the tasty mash and gravy were good.

Service was pleasant, but without smiles - I like smiles! - and there was a feeling, when speaking to staff, there was a slight disconnect between the restaurant and the customers.

So, to my Nice, but ....comment

Maybe it was the mix of very good and very average food. Maybe the service. Maybe the girl singing and the absolutely ridiculously loud music BLASTING out (it was difficult to have a conversation across the table), while couples and larger groups were dining.

Maybe it was ........Oh I don't know, I just don't know, it just felt a bit .....odd

For the money, the food was OK, surroundings were nice and staff were there!

I think I'll have to give it another go, just to see.........

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Went on a Saturday night with my boyfriend. We arrived at 7 with no advance booking but you usually don't need one. Seated quickly and drinks order taken. I got a glass of white wine and my boyfriend opted for a beer. Waited around 20 minutes for starters but as we were chatting we didn't mind. My boyfriend orders the ribs which he said we're delicious, I opted from the crab and avocado salad, small amount of crab and the salad tasted quite gritty, like it hadn't been washed before serving. Waitress cleaned plates and empty glasses but didn't bother asking about more drinks. When she bought mains over I asked for another round of drinks only to be ignored, my boyfriend asked and she smiled politely at him and got them straight away. This continued for the entire meal, my main course of seabass and risotto was practically threw at me, I felt like throwing it am back as fish was overdone and risotto was mush. Boyfriend again received his with a sickly sweet smile, he enjoyed his steak but Said it could have done with a minute or two less cooking. We didn't bother with desserts because quite frankly I couldn't wait to get out of there. Jalons used to be one of my favourite restaurants but now is just a major disappointment.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

After enquiring about a vegan option and changing our venue to Jalons we were provided with options of seafood. After a very kind and resourceful waitress the vegan was fed with tomato on bread??? The rest of the diners remained and ate dishes that have been eaten in the past. Usually these dishes of lamb and steak are completely satisfying and deliciously flavoured. Tonight the food can be utterly described and bland. Jalons is somewhere that we have eaten regularly in the past and have recommended other diners to. Tonight will unfortunately be our last time. Even though we shared our issues, we were not compensated and left very disappointed by the family birthday meal we were so looking forward to!