“Boxing Day”

Ranked #792 of 1,948 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

A group of us visited on Boxing Day for a family meal. We have been a few times before and Jalons has always been great but this time it seemed to lack that special feel. The set price was just under £30 for a 2 course meal, we went anyway as we always like Jalons but this time the food didn't live up to normal standards.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Visited Jalons on 4 December for a Christmas get together and had an absolute ball. Food was delicious. Our table was for four people and we all thoroughly enjoyed our food, for starters we ordered pate, prawn cocktail and goats cheese spring rolls, then three of us had the turkey dinner, one had the chicken with sweet potato mash.Afterwards we ordered two cheese boards between us. We had 'several' bottles of the pink cava which was fab! Would highly recommend. The night was brilliant, great food, great atmosphere, everyone getting in the mood for Christmas!

Reviewed 14 December 2016

Very poor food, prawn cocktail starter was advertised as having a twist? not sure what that was? just run of the mill, nothing spectacular.. the main course advertised at pan fried cod with risotto. Sent the meal back as rice was not cooked, second attempt no flavour, fish was frozen bland and overpriced. Ordered additional vegetable bowl, Brockley way overcooked, could not wait to leave as the noise of the pub singer was overwhelming.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

We had our practice Christmas night out at this lovely restaurant on Saturday evening. Everything about the evening was outstanding, the food was all served at the same time it was piping hot and really tasty. There were plenty of staff and nothing was to much trouble for them. I would highly recommend Jalon's and we will be returning here again soon. Well done Jalon's Thank You!!!!

Reviewed 24 November 2016

I went to the restaurant on a Friday at 8 pm, the weather was atrocious and the restaurant was quite empty. There was an artist singing and the volume was much to loud as this was a restaurant and you would expect it to be more background than in your face.
We ordered our meals expecting a leisurely meal but our starters arrived within 5 minutes, mine was Salt and pepper Calamari rings which were quite tasty but my wifes Fish Cakes were only just warm.
Almost as soon as we had finished our mains arrived, I had ordered steak and asked for it to be medium, it was well done and quite tasteless, my wife had the Seafood Arrabiata which was tasteless. There was no seasoning in the sauce and the Tagliatelle Pasta had almost certainly been cooked in unsalted water.
My wife pointed this out to the waiter who did offer to replace it with another meal, however as we were halfway through our meals it would have been pointless.
I must say that the waiting on staff were excellent and we were very happy with them.
Later we were offered a glass of wine as compensation, my wife accepted but as I was driving I could not.
By the time we had finished eating it was not even 9 PM, so much for an evening out; why was our food rushed out so quickly and why do they have a chef that cannot produce tasty food.
We have been to Jalons many times in the past and it has been excellent, however our last few times have not been an enjoyable experience and we will not be going back.