“Vladimir”

Throstles Nest Hotel
Ranked #44 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Excellent friendly complete service. Good location. Recommendation.

• Stayed: December 2011
There are newer reviews for Throstles Nest Hotel

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Spent a long weekend just before Christmas 2011. Wanted to get a real Liverpool feel to our trip and so decided to not stay in the central hotels. We made a great choice in the Throstles - a bed and breakfast a short distance from all that the City Centre offers yet with a local, friendly and neighbourhood atmosphere. Everything was to a high standard with the facilities in our room up to that of any good hotel. It was exceptionally clean, efficiently run with great warmth and charm. The owners and staff gave us so much help and offered good advice as to how to enjoy our stay - they were particularly caring and most helpful. The breakfast was amazing - everything was on offer and was a great leisurely start to our day.
The Throstles is a very short and cheap cab drive into the City Centre. The local pub next door is convenient and very friendly. And if you are thinking of something different we did get to experience the wonderful Greaty Market - one of the biggest street markets located to the rear of the B&B.
Having never been to Liverpool before, the experience and welcome we received will certainly make another trip wholly necessary.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the church next door which was a most welcomed start to the day.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary551
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This was my fifth time to wait here and every time I come back Kevin and staff are helpful, friendly and full of info for things to do...The rooms are very cosy and warm jus what is needed in chilly november!! Reading some reviews here people seems to think they are coming to a luxurious hotel..just remember what u are paying , because if u were to stay in city centre hotels u get ripped off...this is an excellent base for football, shopping or a few nights out on the town.....thanks again kevin and staff for all the help the weekend....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank foxeeee
Reviewed 26 October 2011

During my recent stay at the Throstles Nest I found the room to be very clean and a reasonable size. There is easy access to both the city centre and Anfeild by either taxi or bus which run from just outside. The staff were friendly and helpful though out my stay.
Overall it was a good low budget Hotel, which was more than adequate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank gary o
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We booked a two night stay based on a visitliverpool.com brochure and the tripadvisor reviews

On arrival we were advised that there was no `car parking on site`as detailed in the brochure but there was parking.It was on a small side street behind the hotel.This is the "FREE public parking at a location nearby (reservation is not needed)" which I have now found when looking at the hotels website.
There is an arrangement to park cars at the filling station next door for £3per day.We were given £6 by the owner,Kevin,but there were no spaces on the first night.I had real concerns about the security of my car although nothing happened to it

We were booked into a "Spacious king size room overlooking St Andrews Church".We ended up in a smaller single glazed room overlooking the main road which is very busy and very noisy.Sleeping was difficult.
The room may have been recently repainted but it needed a lot more maintenance.For example,the vertical blinds were dirty and did not keep out the light from the street lights;the blind in the ensuite shower room was missing two strips and gave limited privacy from outside,especially if the light was on;the shower cubicle leaked on the step up the to shower and,so,was dangerous;there was no cold water;etc

The second night Kevin transferred us to another room and this was probably the room we were originally going to have.It overlooked the church,it was quiet and in good order

Throughout our stay the staff were alway very helpful and friendly

We enjoyed our stay in Liverpool but the parking and room did detract from it.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what is advertised
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mozza_999
Romeo45, Owner at Throstles Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

I had spoken to the guests on a few occasions before they arrived as they wanted an early checkin as her husband was going to the match at 4.30,so I had the room ready for them from 11.30 am. Unfortunately they got caught in traffic and did not arrive until after 3pm and were very tired.
She asked about the parking and I told her exactly what we have on the website
"Free public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed)."
Private parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is needed) and costs GBP 3 per day.
Because she seemed a bit upset at the time I told her before she booked in that I would upgrade her to a Large triple room the following day at no extra cost, she refused this out of hand saying that she did not want to move her bags. It is our policy to show all guests to there rooms and show them how everything works but she told me on 3 occasions that she could find her own way, so I reluctantly handed her the key and let them go up. The water system is pressured to all the rooms and if one room is affected with no cold water then they all are.
I asked the couple on at least 4 times over the next 24 hours " is everything OK?, do you need anything?" and they told me they were fine. I am sorry you were not happy with the room but it is difficult to rectify something if we are not told about it at the time. I instructed the night porter to SHOW them the Triple room when they came back on the Sunday night and they accepted it, I also refunded £3.00 back on to ther credit card the moment I found out they had parked in the Garage for one night. ( I did not mention this to them).