1,074 results
All reviewsdouble treelibrary barafternoon teaspa facilitieson arrivaldale streetlovely hotelq parksteam roombeautiful roomevery member of staffcity centreoriginal featuresmy mumexcellent staycar parkstaff were lovely
Reviewed 15 January 2016

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, both for the quality of the room but the really outstanding service. I arrived late on the night of 13th of January and the lady on reception was exceptionally friendly, helpful and professional. I really cannot fault the welcome - she was excellent.

My room was absolutely fantastic and the building and finishing is really lovely and quite special I felt. However, the heating didn't work in my room so I was immediately moved to an even better room, which was even more fantastic.

The room service food was outstanding, though I will have a moan about a £5 tray charge which I think is excessive.

The bathroom was great, the bed obscenely comfortable and my only complaint is that I arrived late and didn't have more time to enjoy the hotel.

The place itself was really lovely but the service at every single point was exceptional. Elias was extremely helpful and the two people on reception when I checked out could not have been nicer. This is probably the best service experience I have had in all my years and many nights away on business.

I would 100% stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

What a hotel!!! So glad it lived up to my expectations, especially after the disappointment of the Manchester Deansgate Hilton recently!
Very warm welcome at check-in, room was ready so we could check in early.
Be careful with parking as this wasn't prompted on booking or on check-in.
Room and building is stunning, the original detail that has been kept makes it without a doubt!
Gorgeous King superior room, very clean, everything you need.
Delicious cocktails with great service in the library lounge, then afterwards we went for our facial which was pre-booked. On arrival the girls are all very nice. Great advice on booking as the times booked worked out perfectly!
Gorgeous facial, so relaxing... We went to use the facilities afterwards- only two other ppl in the entire spa! By far the cleanest sauna I've ever seen (could just do with a timer on the wall)! Great hydrotherapy pool, maybe need a note by the green button as some may not want to press it as it is next to the alarm!
Had a lovely steam and swim in the pool. Fairly small but by far the nicest UK spa I've been in!! Found out if you don't book a treatment, it's an extra £15 to use the facilities during your stay- this didn't affect us but surprised me!
Had the massages the following morning before check out! Overall lovely stay, 100% recommended and really great service throughout the hotel! Keep it up! See you soon hopefully!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2016

I took my daughter to celebrate her 21st Birthday to the Spa at Double Tree by Hilton on Friday 8th January. We had a fantastic time, the staff were exceptional, they were so friendly and helpful. Spa area is so clean and well presented and our treatments were really good, one of the best ever.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2016

This was Christmas present a stay in hotel and spa treatment. What fantastic time I had the hotel is fabulous the staff are so professional and polite and the spa treatment was fantastic thank you all for making my stay at the hotel wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

There were many things that stood out in this hotel but the staff deserve a special mention as they were exceptionally friendly and helpful in all areas from reception, library bar to the restaurant. The hotel creates a very relaxing ambience ideal for couples wanting a nice quiet break. In particular we found the library bar to be ideal for a chilling out over a few cocktails.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple