“Best ever”

Byrnes Fish And Chips
Ranked #186 of 1,899 Restaurants in Liverpool
Description: British Fish and Chips cooked to order. Choice of fish, battered, breaded, poached or floured. Our fishcake recipe came over from Ireland in 1932 and is still made the same way each morning. We offer a Gluten Free option every Monday.
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We love this place. You won’t get fish as fresh and well cooked anywhere. We have family come from Bournemouth and France. They love it.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Wow! Fabulous freshly cooked fish and chips and a gorgeous fish cake. Best fish and chips ever. Big queue though. But so tasty. Well worth the wait. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I was first brought to this chippy when I was 15 and now 17years later the quality of the food and the great customer service is the same if not better, best chippy hands down whenever I’m in Liverpool always try getting down there lovely staff too.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

This has got to be the best chippy in Liverpool, with the best staff too - really friendly, really helpful and always smiling no matter how long the queue is (and it's usually long) - highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

My Auntie and I visited Byrnes Chippy today for lunch as it had been recommended to me. My Auntie needs to eat a Gluten Free diet, this was brilliant for us today as there aren't many places in Liverpool that offer the Gluten Free service. Shame this is only offered on a Monday, be great if it could be extended. What an excellent Chippy, from the moment we walked in everyone including customers were very friendly and chatty. We chose Gluten Free Hake & Chips, also Plaice and Chips, a the and coffee too. My Auntie was chuffed to bits to be offered Gluten free vinegar too. Wow! When we got back to the car, we couldn't wait to open our parcels of fish and chips. When we did we couldn't believe it, we couldn't speak for saying Mmmmm, mmmm, they were just delish. It has been years been years since my auntie has eaten fish and chips due to her allergy. What a revelation, we can't wait to go back. Your Chippy is just brilliant, friendly, Fresh white Fish, the best. The Chippy was spotlessly clean, just wish there were indoor seating we could have stayed longer and enjoyed the Liverpool banter from the customers. You should be proud of your family run business. Well done and thank you