“Refurbished, but at what cost? ”

Toby Carvery Stoneycroft
Ranked #665 of 1,948 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: USD 8 - USD 16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Stoneycroft. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Liverpool’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I've been a regular visitor here for many years, and have always enjoyed the experience. The carvery isn't amazing, but it's tasty and good value for money.
My 3 children took me last night for a belated mothers day treat, and it was the first time I'd been since the place had been modernised.
My initial reaction on walking in, was that the refurbishment had been worth it, and it all seemed better laid out. I had 5 minutes to study it, while we stood for 5 minutes waiting to be seated, which I thought was a bit ridiculous as there were many free tables, and we'd actually reserved ours. There was just no one at the station.
We eventually got seated at the furthest corner of the restaurant and proceeded to have our meal.
My main criticism was that when the waitress collected our plates, we hadn't quite decided on our desserts so asked her for 5 minutes. Half an hour later, when no one had come back to us, even though I'd gone to find someone to tell them, we decided to forget the desserts and go home.
It's the first time we've been let down like that in there. The service has always been really good, but last night was definitely a disappointment.
I just wonder if they've crammed too many tables in, and havent increased the staff enough to cope.
I'd go again at a quieter time but would ensure we were seated somewhere where we wouldn't be forgotten about!

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Stoneycroft, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Margy A, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Take care.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Food isn't always the best but the service is top notch. Gail our waitress is so lovely and nothing is ever too much! Thank you again :)

Hi Chris H thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback.
We will pass along your positive words to Gail.
Enjoy your day!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This relates to a call I made to the Stoneycroft, Liverpool Toby Carvery19.24 Wed 28/03/2018. I rang to ask a question relating to a booking I have already made for 29/03/18. The male that answered the phone was appallingly rude, abrupt and if this reflects his approach to customer service will be losing your chain money. He answered with only the words, 'Fully booked.' I said'Hello' again he repeated only the words, 'Fully booked.' I told him I had a question pertaining to a booking and as I went on, he said 'Umph' and hung up. I will not be attending this Toby restaurant again, despite being a customer all my life, having lived in the area forty years and due to attend for a birthday meal for my fortieth birthday. I am disgusted.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Stoneycroft, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Kannr, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.
We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Came here on the 18th of February as friends where up to visit and wanted something easy.
Food was great but service not that great ..
There was 6 of us we had eaten and asked for the bill my partner is in the army reserves and normally gets army discount in Toby carvery.
Alex the waitress said they did no such thing, so explained last Sunday we was at an other Toby who did give us the discount she then hissed at me asked her manager who said we now needed to download an app to get a code, we wasent that bothered about getting the discount so we said to just leave it and thought that would be it, but no.
Alex the waitress was at the till hissing at us saying there is no such thing as a army discount so i turned round to her to explain we had had it many times before but its fine we would go without it.
It was not a big deal but she was making it a bit embarrassing for us and carried on saying with a horrible attitude " well if they do they've brought it while ive been off , no one has told me how am I supposed to know " i said can we please just have the bill , she came over threw the bill at me and walked over.
we paid the bill and I spoke to the manager i explained there was no need for the attitude off her waitress we was fine not having a discount but we had had it many times before in other Toby carvery thats all I was saying she had no need to embarrass me by go on at me. Travel 10 mins and go to Aintree Toby Carvery lovely staff and great sevice

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Stoneycroft, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hannah W, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to refine our efforts to ensure this issue does not happen again.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

This Toby Carvery is situated next to the Stoneycroft Travelodge We dined here fairly late on a Sunday evening. It was very quiet, though a good choice from the carvery was available which was okay apart from the leeks and cabbage being a bit 'gritty'. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Having read some of the other reviews we were a bit apprehensive, but there was no need to be on this occasion. We'll be back!

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Stoneycroft, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day! We hope to see you soon!