2,662 results
All reviews junior suite fresh milk huge tv lovely hotel bottle of prosecco afternoon tea mini fridge city centre lovely bathroom q park booked this hotel reception staff car park one night stay birthday treat staff were lovely comfy bed
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful stay at the hotel. We arrived at the hotel at about 7pm and were upgraded to a king size suite. The room was amazing with two different bathrooms and three TVs. Everything was clean and tidy and the hotel was smart throughout. Don’t know what these negative reviews are all about.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanGreenwood7
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed my stay at the Richmond. Loved the high ceiling in the room and the general feel of history about the place. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was absolutely first class with really good buffet choices. I'd say I was there for an hour ating. Very good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank CollierTheRobber
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful rooms spacey clean and plenty of storage brand new bathroom how ever next time I would ask for a walk in shower.
Breakfast was great well cooked and fresh!
The evening meal we eat there twice was delicious with a choice of Ala cart or set of either 2 or 3 couse.
Friendly and helpful staff all the way,

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolineSMaltaEurope
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After booking 2 rooms for 2 nights a year ago for a family wedding, we arrived to find out 1 of our rooms wasn’t ready as it did not have the extra bed for our youngest son. On being shown the paperwork I noticed it said exec room, we had booked a junior suite!! However, they were still charging me the same price as the suite. On asking if I was being placed in a suite the receptionist completely avoided answering the question until the point I stop the conversation, and asked her directly to answer. She then changed our room to a suite!! Again the room wasn’t set up for our extra bed.
The other room booked was a double for my son and partner. On entering he found out it was a twin, raised it and reception said they would change it in a few hours. Whilst he was out of the room the beds were pushed together but single mattresses left on so would have slid apart. Again this was raised..... they were offered a new room and given the key..... only to find that when he entered it, it was our room with all our clothing and cases within!! By this stage my wife and I had gone out and had to return to sort it. My son was eventually given a double room. He was then refused access to the vehicle which we had valet parked, I understand to a point but both rooms were booked under my wife’s name and his photo identification was in the car had they retrieved it for him.
On speaking to a different receptionist, and having returned from our evening out to try and resolve this, I was told we hadn’t actually booked the rooms we were saying we had, I duly showed her the confirmation emails proving we had in fact booked a double room and junior suite with extra bed!! No apology just a shoulder shrug. When I asked to see a manager I was told there were none until the next day.
To top it off, when my wife and I got to the room later, they had added two extra beds.
You couldn’t write this first day at all. I was ultimately given a 10% discount, but felt so strongly I wrote an email of complaint to reservations. Not even an acknowledgement, then the next day I get an generic email from a manager asking for feedback so I send him the email of complaint directly. Two days later...... not even an acknowledgement. More akin to Fawlty Towers than a four star hotel.
Other wedding party guests had room issues, and after chatting in the hotel bar other guests had the same. Very poorly organised.
I will however praise the staff who dealt with the wedding. Very polite and helpful. The food was nice and portions very reasonable.
The breakfasts were ok, nothing more but there was plenty of choice.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Claretsully
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked this hotel via Secret Escapes. Had a superior room with an enormous tv, large en-suite and a super king size bed which was so comfy. I love my own bed but this was just divine. No view but we only used the room to sleep in so it didn’t bother us. I’d booked four rooms for eight of us which were in what they called an apartment. Sadly we couldn’t reserve a table in the evening for the time we needed as they’d a wedding reception to cater for. Reception staff were well informed and friendly. Bar staff did a great job too. An excellent help yourself cooked English breakfast with all the trimmings. It was very busy and we had to queue and wait for a table but didn’t wait for long. Would certainly recommend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends