2,620 results
All reviews junior suite fresh milk huge tv lovely hotel bottle of prosecco afternoon tea city centre lovely bathroom q park booked this hotel reception staff stayed for one night car park birthday treat staff were lovely enjoyable stay comfy bed
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Just spent the afternoon at a celebratory lunch and cannot find fault with this hotel!!
The food was beautiful, hot, well presented and quality was sufficient. Room was lovely

Took ourselves on a little tour and was amazed at the staff. So very professional and attentive, every member of staff we saw said hello and asked if we were ok or if we were enjoying our stay. One housekeeper even said wish x happy birthday from me. How good is that that they knew who was using the function room for a private lunch!!
Have to mention Todd who waited on our tables and at the end of his shift came and said good bye to everyone.
Whilst we were having a nose around the rest of the hotel we met the head housekeeper Debbie who offered to show us some of the apartment. Fabulous member of staff who needs mentioning in dispatches. Really knowledgable about the hotel and its history. Took us into the standard rooms (amazing) and her favourite suite just awesome. Then took us over the road to the spa. Even said if we want to go back she'd show us the penthouses another time.
I only live 20 mins outside Liverpool but would love to stay there.

Restaurant decor is not my taste and is very dated but the service, staff and bedrooms make up for it.

Well done Liverpool

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Redsmarty
RichmondLiverpool, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Thank you very much for your review.

It really is appreciated your time to write such a wonderful review.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team and especially Todd and Debbie.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I attended there today as part of a private function for a birthday and wow... really enjoyed the occasion but also have to compliment the staff on the quality of the food and the service.

From the moment we arrived to the second we departed nothing was too much trouble and the staff added to the occasion and made this venue stand out for me, they were extremely helpful, courteous and above all friendly. I think that it is right that good service is highlighted, people are often quick to complain, but sadly, do not often pass thanks for good service and work.

So, I apologise in advance; because I do not know all the names of the staff that served us today, but special mention to Todd the waiter, Debbie the Housekeeping Supervisor for their professionalism, friendly style of customer service but above all the welcome. (There were a number of other staff who were equally good working in the function room who deserve thanks, but I do not know their names)

So, yes, I recommend this venue for private events. I did not stay overnight, but from what I observed, the hotel is clean, well managed and appeared to have a very welcoming ambience. The food served in the function was excellent quality and quantity and the kitchen staff also deserve a mention. I will return at some point. Thanks

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Al J

Thank you for your recent review.

I am really pleased you had an enjoyable day yesterday and really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 February 2016

We went for afternoon tea and were very disappointed. The service was good. But the afternoon tea was poor. Dried up bread, tiny scones and shop bought fancy cakes. I wouldn't go back. It was also freezing cold and the toilets were very old fashioned and dull. The stainless steel cake stand looked dirty bbc and shabby.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent response.

I appreciated your comments re the staff and also your feedback re the afternoon tea.

I will be discussing your points with Chef today and will be advising that the afternoon tea needs revising and must be homemade cakes. The stainless steel stands will be changing and I can confirm this will all be in place come Monday 15th February.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on another occasion to see the changes that we have made.

Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel a few years ago was brilliant, total luxury.
Staff are attentive and very helpful.
Centrally located, they park the car for you so you don't have to worry about parking.
Luxury hotel, really enjoyed our stay here. Much recommend

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fnaveed

Thank you very much for your review hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

Our visit to this hotel was a great experience. It was quite difficult to find from the train station but this could just be due to bad directions. The hotel was very sophisticated, lovely décor with a nice artistic feel to it. The Reception staff were very helpful upon arrival. The room itself was immaculate, very appealing layout which felt very sophisticated. The bed was very big and comfortable, great facilities and very spacious room. I also enjoyed the use of the gym facilities across the road which was included. The highlight of the hotel was the three-course meal we had as part of the deal. The food was excellent and very well presented, lots of choice on the menu. The bar staff were very friendly, we sat chatting to them and he helped pick out cocktails for us. The whole place had a very upmarket aura, I would definitely visit again. The location was also very central near to Liverpool attractions. This was not normally the type of hotel I would have stayed at, but I am glad I stayed here as it was a great experience. Would definitely recommend for couples or business trips.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhiannon S
RichmondLiverpool, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Thank you for your recent review.

I am really pleased you chose to stay at the Richmond and glad you had an enjoyable experience when visiting the City.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.