“Charming little tea room with vintage qualities! ”
Review of Annie's Tea Rooms

Annie's Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 38 Dessert in Liverpool
Price range: USD 4 - USD 9
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Traditional Tea Rooms, based in North Liverpool, a perfect stop after visiting the Iron Men along Crosby Beach
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My mum and I enjoyed an afternoon tea after a friend bought it for us. A lovely window table was reserved for us and laid out with pretty vintage tea cups.
Upon arrival we selected from a good range of teas and chose a sandwich filling.

The tea was lovingly presented and you can see the attention they pay to detail. I cannot fault the quality of everything on the tier, the sandwiches were fresh and all the sweet treats recently baked.
All was delicious and it’s hard to pick a favourite! The scones were amazing as well!
The only comment I could make is regarding the ratio between sweet and savoury. There was way more sweet options and if you didn’t have a sweet tooth you may appreciate an extra sandwich or equivalent. However if you felt it too much you could simply save some cakes for later! I’d like to point out that I did not do this and consumed everything at the time!
We did not feel rushed at any time and really enjoyed the experience. Staff were friendly and attentive. There was a steady flow of customers and most of the tables were filled whilst we were there. A number of customers ate from the menu rather than afternoon tea and it looked pretty good!!
Oh, and part of the street has free parking which was an additional plus- just check with a member of staff if your not parked on a small stretch of road outside the tea room. Enjoy!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea baby shower. Food was delicious with loads of cakes - too many to eat on the afternoon so lots were packed up to enjoy at home later. Corkage is £3 per bottle so you can enjoy a glass of fizz along side your tea.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

For my birthday my husband and I travelled to Crosby for an afternoon at the beach. We found Annie’s Tea room for a late lunch.
The service from the waitress ‘Erin’ was fantastic, very welcoming and chirpy.
We decided on soup & a sandwich but don’t be fooled by that basic description! Carrot & coriander soup was phenomenal and the best I have ever tasted. It was accompanied by chicken and tarragon mayonnaise sandwich which was also superb.
The range of cakes was mouth watering and when my husband and I decided to do our usual ‘buy different cakes but cut in half and share’ Erin brought them to us already shared!! So we couldn’t argue who got the biggest piece.
All in all it was a lovely birthday lunch in a fab place and I can highly recommend the tea room and the waitress too :)

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We visited on Saturday 10th March having booked the week before. I was surprised when they called me to pay a £5 deposit per person but when we walked in I totally understood why.... This delightful tearoom is tiny, only about 7 tables on the whole place and it was packed!
The cakes in the cabinet looked amazing so we were really looking forward to our much anticipated afternoon tea.
What arrived was astounding! 3 finger sandwiches of our choice each, a large warm scone with jam and clotted cream and a lot of small cakes for us to try and fit in! Carrot cake, mini Victoria sponges, red velvet cakes, shortbread biscuits and chocolate brownies.
We too great pleasure in filling our ‘doggy bags’ full of the things we couldn’t possibly eat there and then even with our extra pot of tea!
I’ll be back for sure.... when I’ve polished off the cakes we took home haha!

Anne M, Owner at Annie's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hi Vicky,
I’m delighted you enjoyed your visit to Annie’s...
We really appreciate you taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again soon
Many thanks
Annie xx

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food, took my mum and Nan our breakfast for Mother’s Day. Booked a table over the phone for 9am and they told me on the phone I have the table till 10:30. Ordered at 9oclock and food didn’t come till 9:30,which is fine as I know everything is freshly made that morning. But when she took our plates she came over the with the bill, however we wanted, tea for afterwards and she told us there was no time as someone else has book out table at 10am, she told us this at 9:50. Even though she did say we have it till 10:30 on the phone. I did explain this. We felt like we were rushed out the cafe and we didn’t get the full experience we wanted for our breakfast. If you get told 10:30 you shouldnt be told 10am. Basically 30mins to eat and drink your food. She did apologise but still felt rushed and wasn’t happy.

1  Thank Elisha W