All reviews central station large fridge murphy bed studio apartment dishwasher tablets microwave oven self catering fully equipped kitchen city centre longer stay secure car park kitchen area excellent location staff on reception lime st five minute walk quiet at night
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Where do I start?

I have visited the Adagio once before and although prices are well above average for a similar standard of accommodation in Liverpool I thought it was ok and centrally enough located to justify the ridiculous £100 deposit for each room and the shady entrance down a disgustingly smelly side street. Therefore, when considering another trip to Liverpool I looked firstly at the Adagio. I found a good price on Booking.com and booked rooms in March for an upcoming stay in September. What a mistake! Booking.com forwarded emails to my account confirming my booking and emphasising the fact that there was FREE cancellation until the Friday of the stay.

A week before the upcoming stay I found a much better deal for another hotel in Liverpool. In fact, it worked out about half the price in reality. I’m a special needs teacher not a multi millionaire so off course I was going to change my booking. I contacted the Adagio (after seeking an email from reception as I had NEVER received any emails directly from the hotel) explaining about the other hotel and asking whether it would be possible to get a better price on any of the rooms I had booked, thinking to myself I was doing the decent thing so as not to leave the Adagio with a number of empty rooms that weekend knowing I could cancel for free. The manager responded saying no this would not be possible so off course I went ahead and cancelled the rooms again being reassured by Booking.com this was free.

Free it was not! Within minutes of cancelling my booking I received an email from the manager stating I would now be charged a cancellation fee of £2750. Panic immediately set in as I am very sure it would do with any other paying customer and I contacted Booking.com. Booking.com (Lucas) checked each booking and reassured me that the Adagio were totally in the wrong and I should not be charged a penny for the cancellation.

After some back and forth emails I was informed (by the hotel) that because I had booked more than 5 rooms over the weekend I was obliged to pay the cancellation charge of £2750 as clearly outlined in their policies. I searched my emails for said policies and nothing! I contacted citizens advice who again reassured me that the Adagio were totally in the wrong. I shared email access with them and all correspondence with Booking.com. I then rang the hotel to inform them that I would not be paying the cancellation fee and I can honestly say I have never been spoken to in such a derogatory and nasty manner. I actually came off the phone and cried. Customer service is non existent it is very clear. The Adagio then attempted to take the payment from my account even though I had explained there was no communication of this said policy. I asked them to forward me the email where I was supposedly told about this and yet I am still waiting.

I have no doubt the hotel will respond in the standard ‘take no responsibility, ignorant and downright rude’ manner that I have had to deal with but I just feel it is important I share my horrendous experience which has caused unnecessary stress and upset. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank fionaf88
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

fionaf88

Thanks for taking the time to write review of the events surrounding your reservations and subsequent cancellation.

I have checked our computer system and apart from the bookings that you cancelled can find no record of you ever having previously booked or stayed in our Aparthotel.

We received various bookings made by yourself via an online website. The Reservations were made in various names for stays of two or three nights in March for stays in September 2018. In total at least 14 separate reservations were made to accommodate more than 50 guests. On the website you reserved the reservations are flexible for individual and small group reservations however there in the policy it states that for more than 5 rooms different policies and procedures apply. When this was pointed out to you, you became very aggressive during the subsequent conversations with the duty manager who you spoke to, and after this we received another call from your husband threatening to write a bad review., which now you have taken the time to do.

We have contacted the website that you made the reservation through to be more clear in their display of the policy and to make sure that their team are communicating the correct information when guests are contacting their call center.

Richard Carline

Reviewed 8 September 2018

This hotel is modern and nice. It's about 10 - 15 minutes from Albert Dock and all the Beatles sights, including the Magical Mystery Bus Tour and the Beatles Story Museum. It's also close to Liverpool One, which is a very popular shopping area with a lot going on. The hotel breakfast is good, and worth the extra 10 English pounds per day. The only negative is a 10 pound per hour charge for late check-out. We called the main desk though, and I think they gave us a break on that. Also, they have an agreement with the nearby car parks, so you can park for 7 pounds a day, which is not bad. Overall, I would recommend this hotel based on location and amenities.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank timd7137
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

timd7137,

Thanks for sharing your experience and your recommendation of Adagio Liverpool. Great to see that you enjoyed the many sights that Liverpool has to offer and our convenient location close to many of the attractions.

I do hope we can welcome you again for a return stay.

See you next time.

Richard Carline - General Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Perfect location for a night out in Liverpool near bars and food places / clean / everything u need in the room , for cooking etc fridge , will deffo use again , friendly staff excellent thank you ! ..

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Lynn C, Thanks for your comments, great to see you enjoyed your stay with us in the heart of Liverpool. We look forward to welcoming you gain for a return stay.

Richard Carline - General Manager

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve written a review every year on the Adagio ,and I keep repeating the same thing every year since it opened.
Great location, fab staff, easy access, clean and comfortable rooms.
This year as last year we got upgraded to a premium suite and was extremely happy about that, well since we usually never get upgraded anywhere around the world.
Yeah we treasure the small things in life.
Also did the online check in which is great.
You can also borrow items like coffee maker, toaster etc.. I think that was a brilliant idea.

The fact that they have security in the weekend makes you feel even safer to.
We love the small kitchen ( that’s why we went the first time)
It still has the same new feeling to it even after being in business for some years now.
We have stayed in different rooms and an apartment, and they have all been fab. This year a fab view from the top to.
Again the staff is very helpful and polite.
So will we be back of course we will:-)
Simply love staying at The Adagio

Stayed: August 2018
H7332GM, Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Nichlas S,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave your review. It was a pleasure to have you staying with us again.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay as always and found the apartments were clean and comfortable and the staff were helpful and polite. I will be sure to share your kind words with the whole team.

We appreciate your loyalty to the Adagio and we will strive to ensure your stay is always a pleasurable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Kind regards,

Shannon Woolerton
Duty Manager

Reviewed 31 August 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com