Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Coventry, United Kingdom
“not a bad hotel”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

stayed with my girlfriend for two nights, room was ok.. prices of drinks, food and parking not so good!! staff were really nice, will come again for sure..

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leo s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Another decent Premier Inn stay. When I arrived Richard Branson was in the area doing some sort of convention, so the hotel was full to bursting with uni students causing a bit of a problem with noise. I was originally given a room on the first floor near the lift. I had various people standing outside my room talking loudly or yelling.

After putting up with that for about an hour, I went to reception to ask to change rooms. The staff were very helpful and apologetic about the disturbances. Security seemed to be moving around to clear guests from the halls, but I was moved to the third floor so didn't hear much after that.

I was unfortunately ill for most of my stay, but the hotel room is pleasant enough that it's not a bad place to lie around feeling sorry for yourself, haha.

Over all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was pleasant and the food was also nice.

Room Tip: Rooms with a lower number are usually near the lifts. I stayed in 103, then I was moved to 322, quit...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Getting thrown out at 03:30am because my friend stayed in my room and not his own making it 3 in one room and 1 person in the other room apparently made us breach our contract. So secuity burst into our room where abusive and told us to get out. We had to sleep in our cars. We was given no refund. It was like a prison if ur there wanting a good night out and to go back to a hotel thats fair and friendly dont go here. Go to britannia adelphi its in liverpool central and much better!!! We had to go there an stay because we had nowhere to stay.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Chrisyia
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service,so I am very concerned to learn of your recent experience. Please be assured your comments will be fully investigated with the Hotel Managment & Customer Service Team. have Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review.
France
Reviewed 12 March 2012

There is no question that £29 is a very good price for a city centre hotel. I stayed at the Premier Inn City Centre twice in the space of a week and, having booked about 3 weeks in advance, got the £29 rate. However, be aware that if you have a car it's going to cost you at least another £15 to park overnight, breakfast is £7.99 (you can find better and cheaper by visiting some of the breakfast places in Liverpool city centre) and the bar restaurant food is not cheap. However, full congratulations to Premier Inn for offering good broadband at £3 for 24 hours. If only some of the hotel chains that charge £10 and more could learn (Holiday Inn in particular)

As far as the rooms were concerned, both rooms I stayed in were identical - as one previous reviewer described them - a little tired. I have no problem putting up with damaged desk tops and non-functioning air conditioning at £29/night. I'd probably have been much less happy at £60+.
On both stays, the hotel itself was quiet but the road outside, although not a main road, appeared to have quite a few drunken groups wandering around until late into the night and the double glazing was not up to the job of filtering that noise out. On the second stay (room 318) I got a bed that was as hard as rock.

Overall, it's tough to complain too much at this price but if you are offered the £60+ rate, I'd suggest you find somewhere else - there's plenty of choice in Liverpool at that price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Saul, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My night in the premier inn was blissfull. I was undisturbed in my comfortable room enjoying the freeview TV provided. I ate a lovely breakfast freshly prepared and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: A room on the top floor is free from noise
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends