“Great traditional Chinese restaurant”
Review of Fung Lok

Fung Lok
Ranked #528 of 1,903 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We dined here recently one Friday evening and enjoyed the food so much we aim to return as soon as we can. This small, traditional Chinese restaurant is a very nice place to eat, everything is clean and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Service is also very snappy and our orders were quickly taken by the efficient and freindly waitress. Both me and my wife had absolutely no complaints about any of the food we ordered, everything was spot on from our starters of salt and pepper chicken wings and king do ribs through to our mains of beef in green pepper and black bean sauce, and special chow mein. We ordered a side of egg fried rice with it and even that was lovely, not at all greasy and very tasty - perfect! The special chow mein came out differently than I'd had in other places, the meats and sauce were on a sizzling plate and the noodles were seperate and you mixed it together yourself on your plate. I also noted that two types of noodle were offered, Chinese or Vietnamese but on this occasion I opted for Chinese. Another thing to note is that we were not affected by any issues with the dreaded MSG. My wife reacts to that additive and is a little wary of trying different Chinese restaurants other than our usual haunts but she was absolutely fine at Fung Lok, its good food and well cooked - nothing to worry about. The wine was also very reasonable, I think it was £14.50 for the bottle which is much cheaper than I usually pay and very nice to drink! We did try to book a table for the previous weekend but unfortunately they were full so I'd recommend booking ahead before visiting, although when we visited on the following Friday evening it was pretty quiet with just four or five other couples dining. I'd rate this restaurant as one of the best of its type that we've been to and we are certainly going to return, we might try the banquet next time! Recommended.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Totally traditional cosy Chinese restaurant, friendly staff, very efficient!
Had the shared hot starter, which was amazing, fresh, delicious and served quick
Followed by a chicken curry and salt and pepper chicken, accompanied by fried rice, lovely lovely food, and reasonable prices
Wouldn’t hesitate to visit again, nice little place

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Very good service and food. Would highly recommend. Very good for takeaways also. Pricing very good also - very reasonable

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t been for a while so we decided to return. So glad we did it was the same quality and reasonable priced Chinese still. The atmosphere was beautiful and warm welcoming. Staff were friendly as before and service was perfect. They allowed us to have breaks in between our banquet C food which we had opted for from the set menu. The portions were very generous and cooked to perfection. Delicious Vietnamese cooking. We had ordered extras so there was a lot of food. We forgot that we didn’t have to order extra as you get truly well enough value for money. Perfect evening would still highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely night with our family celebrating my husbands birthday. Lovely meal and excellent service would recommend this Chinese restaurant.