“Great Central Location”
Review of The Liner Hotel

The Liner Hotel
Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Location is superb for all the attractions and the city centre. Easy to reach by car or train. Staff very friendly and hotel is well presented, wouldn't look past it on trip to Liverpool.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kirrieloon
There are newer reviews for The Liner Hotel

Reviewed 20 February 2012

stay was ok. wallpaper stained and peeling. expected more luxe for a liner. breakfast nice. staff too clean to clear tables...went to get food and table was reset.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

stayed for 2 nights at hotel for family party. All staff very good.Had meal in bistro very fairly priced and all our meals were up to standard.hotel done food for party all very good.Used room service and they only charge 2 pound a tray service all in all good value for money close to station and a short walk to town centre also a free car park

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor are for smokers. next to station so dont have aroom station side or on the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank fraka43
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at The Liner hotel for one night with my wife following a brief trip into Liverpool. Firstly, the hotel is a great base for Liverpool. It is 30 second walk to Lime Street rail station and 2 mins walk into the city centre.
I picked the hotel due to the room rate (£53) coupled with the free inclusions of parking, breakfast and wi-fi within the rate.
Check in was quick, friendly, informative and efficient. The whole hotel including the room was very clean and tidy and all staff that we encountered were pleasant. My only real gripe was that the Wi-fi connection within our room was pretty much non-existent however as I only wanted it for a quick browse I didn't bother complaining about it as it worked fine in the lobby.
If I'm being picky I've stayed in comfier beds but other than that the room was well equipped.
Breakfast was good although the room was a little cramped at peak time.
Overall I would happily stay at The Liner again if the price was right. Taking everything into account it was a gat option at the rate we paid.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I booked this trip as a birthday surprise for my husband, and was happy to pay a little extra for a nice hotel. I was delighted when I was contacted by the hotel to offer a Valentine meal on the evening that we were booked in for. It was also suggested that I could bring champagne and that the staff in the restaurant would sing happy birthday. I took some champagne and was told that I had misunderstood and I should have had the champagne in our room. This caused a bit of an atmosphere and there was no birthday singing in the restaurant!
The hotel was a nice standard and very close to the railway station.
My only other comment is that the breakfast felt rushed, no sooner had I laid down my spoon and the dish was whisked away. There were people hovering waiting for a table.

Room Tip: Get any special arrangements in writing as the staff don't appear to communicate well
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple