1,177 results
All reviews queens dock echo arena free car park rooms are basic minute walk would stay again staff on reception comfy bed excellent value for money tea and coffee hairdryer mersey waterfront
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff are lovely especially the man who works nights. Very helpful and friendly. If their not on reception that are serving you at the bar or cleaning! The hotel itself is clean and warm and has great views if you get the right side of the hotel. Not far from Liverpool 1, ropewalk, China town and of course the beautiful docks. Liverpool is a great place to visit and soak up the history and the wonderful architecture.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Upon arrival and checking in at the reception, the bar area looked quite nice which gave me some hope that the rooms would be just as nice but my hopes quickly diminished once we had walked into the large annex and was hit by the stifling smell of chlorine, from here on in it didn't get any better.

As soon as I walked into our designated room (124), the first thing I noticed was the bulged heater on the wall. I was rather bewildered by this, why was a damaged heater still on the wall?

We then sat down on the bed, instantly we noticed how springy, noisy and uncomfortable they were. We were dreading going to sleep that night.

After checking the beds, I went to the toilet only to then find out the toilet wouldn't flush easily, and when it did I had to pull the string in almost a 360 degree circle for it to properly flush. The toilet seat was also chipped with some chipped areas in the bath also. Not only that, one of the lights in the bathroom was CONTINUOUSLY flickering while also making a sparking noise. This made me want to leave the bathroom quickly, We only used the facility to go to the toilet and neither did we shower or get washed due to this problem, I had to wait until I arrived home to get a proper wash.

The carpet in the room was also rather dirty and could have been cleaner. The light shades on the wall were also discoloured, one wasn't even attached to the wall correctly! The window and windowsill were also dirty.

We didn't go to sleep until around 1:30am and while we were still awake, we noticed that we could hear everything that was happening in surrounding rooms and the corridors. We were watching films on the laptop and someone was banging on the wall!! Those walls must have been paper thin. When we FINALLY decided to brave the bed and go to sleep, we knew we were in for an uncomfortable night. The pillows were dreadful, as flat as a pancake!!! They may as well have not been there. We noticed another pillow shoved at the bottom of the wardrobe but decided against using it as it would have been just as useless as the ones we already had. The duvets (if you can call them that) were paper thin and just as bad as the pillows provided. As for the mattress, it was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever encountered. I could feel a spring in my side and after half an hour of sleep (yes, half an hour!) my leg was numb. My whole left side of my body was aching the next day. After this, I managed to get another half an hours sleep (if that) and was eventually woken up by the noise that could be heard in a room next door to us. There was also a large amount of light streaming through the curtains, the room wasn't even dark!

Overall, the decor of the room seemed a little 1980s and needs revamping in my opinion. I understand this hotel is not The Hilton, but for what we paid the room could have been far better.

The only good thing about the room was the view of the river.

Room Tip: Don't go here, book another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, mainly picked it due to cost and it had parking. Found staff very polite and friendly, room was just right. Comfy bed. Would stay here again if i go liverpool overnight, As location was good, and food was great.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Staying here alot on business trips I like to review the different chains of campanile very good hotel nicely placed as good for how long I stayed...choose to eat out room comfortable slept well staff pleasant and easy check in will be staying again in future

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We payed £38 for a 1 night stay, fab view from the room! Staff were very friendly, room was clean with tv wardrobe tea making facilities hairdryer and free parking! If all you want is somewhere to shower and sleep this place is perfect...everywhere else we looked at didn’t include parking so that would have cost £35 separately! 5 minute walk from Albert Dock which has some fab bars and restaurants and 10 minutes from Liverpool one shopping centre! Would definitely stay again!

3  Thank Dgee47