1,628 results
All reviews egg chef egg station city centre sauna and steam room lime street station leisure facilities train station two double beds per day car park public areas the penthouse executive room few minutes walk breakfast was excellent weekend break ideal location
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Great location for visiting the city, parked my car in the multi storey car park and didn't move it again until I left for home but it costs £12 per 24hr, but not bad for city centre. Check in was fine, the hotel porter is fantastic and what he doesn't know about the city isn't worth knowing and he also gave us a map which was great as it was our first visit. Room was clean and tidy however nothing special and over priced for what we got. There was no shampoo in the bathroom and I had to go and ask for some but not the end of the world. Room was on the 6th floor, pretty quiet with only slight noise from the traffic outside.
Breakfast was an all you can eat buffet style, very tasty, good service but they desperately need to sort the toaster out! Took 3 attempts to get the bread to look remotely brown. Didn't have an evening meal so cant comment on that.
Great location for shopping, museums, 10 minutes walk to Albert Dock and 15 minutes to the cathedrals.
All in all a good stay but compared to places I have stayed before, over priced your paying for the name in my opinion.

Room Tip: High floor for the best view over the roof tops of the city and a bit quieter at night.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2015

We recently spent the four days/three nights at this hotel. It was out first visit to Liverpool (though not our last), and this hotel spoiled what could have been a really great week as the city was wonderful.

The good. The rooms were quite spacious and very well furnished. Two reading chairs, a good mattress and well-cared for furniture. No sign of anything even remotely 'tired.' The reception staff were all friendly and the foyer was smart and welcoming. We were impressed.

The bad.Our initial positive impression didn't last long. Breakfast time was memorable for all the wrong reasons. I will not hold the fact that the food was cold against them, in a 'buffet' system it can be a question of timing. The food was generally enjoyable and there was plenty of it. This was the same breakfast as the individual guests. What was bad was that we were hectored by the 'restaurant' overseer who insisted we sit at one particular table of her choosing when the room was virtually empty, and who snapped 'no no, THAT one! THAT one,' when I simply touched a chair from another table to access 'that' one. The 'colleague' who we were promised would be along 'shortly' to serve us hot drinks didn't turn up. I waited until our breakfast was almost over and then had to leave my seat and actually request a drink! A drink for two I asked for...and was 'rewarded' with a pot for one!

The unacceptable was the food in the evening. Again it was buffet style. I have to say I have NEVER had such poor food. It was frankly inedible. It was not simply the very limited choice, it was the menu choice and the actually standard of the food (i.e., a tureen of potatoes that were almost all black!). It was as if the food for the 'coach party' had been thrown together and we were the poor relations of the other 'proper' guests.

The starter was sparse, the main course (often unidentified!) was sloppy stodge, and the dessert limited to a choice of two. Very meagre fayre.

The room was 'run' by two harassed staff who seemed indifferent to any request made of them.

Unimpressive in the extreme.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara W
PrestonMarriott, Senior Food and Beverage Supervisor at Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Dear Barbara

Thank you for thanking your time to review out hotel regarding your recent stay. I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologies for the issues you experienced in our restaurant. This is by no means the standard we at Marriott City Center Liverpool strive to achieve.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail via e mail or phone and would be grateful if you could contact me with your details so we can arrange a convenient time for you.

My email address is lucy.woodford@marriotthotels.com I will look forward to hearing from you.
Regards

Lucy Woodford

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

I travel a lot. And the staff here are just fabulous, so so friendly. Nothing is too much trouble - the lady at check in and the lady at breakfast deserve special mention. Rooms are big, and mine was quiet tho it is a city centre location just seconds from the train station. Nice pool as well. Not a single fault

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2015

First, the hotel is 3 minutes from Lime Street Station and just outside the centre of the city, convenient and quiet.
The team is nice and available, the room are spacious and clean and you have everything you need inside.
I enjoyed the pool and steam room, the bar, the room service and the wonderful breakfast. Don't miss the omelette cooked in front of you by the chef!

A very nice Marriot quality hotel

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank vincentlet
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Short 1 night stay. The room was clean, check in was easy and only took a matter of minutes. Breakfast was well set out and even though we arrived quite late there was still everything on offer. Checkout was also quick and easy, the parking was cheap and everything about the stay was very smooth. Would certainly recommend. Restaurants for evening meals outside the hotel and delicious.

Room Tip: 5th floor had great views
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple