6,944 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for work during the week. Got into the room and it was like an oven. Control for heating did not work. Called down to reception and they said they would sort. Never got sorted and now sleeping in an oven. Man on reception keeps saying he has turned heating off and I have to wait for it to kick in. Been waiting an hour and still no good. Do not stay here. Would rather stay in a hostel

Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank Passport53478580280
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We paid £194 for a Saturday night with breakfast for a standard room. I was shocked at the state of room 413. It was spacious but the furniture belonged in a skip not a hotel. The bed was awful. I went straight to reception and paid only £10 to upgrade to a larger room with a four poster bed. Although better than the first room, it was tired and shabby. Furniture was tacky and Early evening I considered moving to another hotel but frankly that would have made our one night stay ridiculously expensive.
Positives: communal areas are okay and parts are quite grand. Staff were lovely and really helpful. Looked after our luggage for free after we checked out. Building from outside is imposing and location close to Lime St station.

However I would never stay there again. The rooms are so depressing. It needs millions to bring it up to standard.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for 1 night we had dinner and breakfast and a Beatles tribute. We all enjoyed ourselves. Dinner was very good, veg was nicely cooked ( not soggy ) and so were the roast potatoes, it was a 3 course Xmas dinner. Very cheap bar prices. It has some lovely period features and it is dated and need some upgrading, which I am told is happening. For what we paid it was a great time enjoyed by all 22 of us. Great location in central Liverpool.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline078
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed just one night for a concert at the Philarmonic. Great central location and impressive outside and lobby. Stayed in room 217 executive double. The room itself must have been splendid in its day; wonderful wood panelling throughout. Unfortunately the rest was cheap and nasty. Tiny tv, cheapo sofa with the leg off, tatty furniture and a quilt that didn’t even cover the bed. The bathroom was really shocking. The one plus was it was very clean, something which I understand has been a problem in the past. If you want cheap and cheerful then it’s fine, I just feel it’s a real shame the attention to detail isn’t there

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have never written a bad review before but have waited in vain for five weeks, for a response from the hotel.
We stayed just one night in October, having chosen this hotel for its central location close to the theatre.
We ignored the dust and staining on the walls of our room because it was only for one night. As we passed through reception it was clear that the hotel had issues as we overheard people complaining, and it was quite chaotic with several coach parties staying there.
We slept quite well but as I stood in the shower cubicle the next morning, I glanced up and noticed a pair of dirty underpants on top of the shower curtain rail. I did not take a shower!!
As we checked out I told the receptionist about the undies. Her response was, "You should have told us". I explained "I am telling you now" and she replied, "OK, I'll tell housekeeping".
There was not even an apology, she just turned away.
I emailed The Adelphi that same day and received an automated reply saying they would respond within 14 days. It is now 5 weeks and I have still not had a response!!

Stayed: October 2018