6,765 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Upon arrival gentleman on reception wasn't very friendly and didn't smile and not very helpful, when ringing up hotel driving there, we asked for directions but the woman cut us off when we were trying to get there, however the cleaning staff were great and very friendly and the room was immaculate and clean when we checked in. The staff on reception later in the evening however were much nicer

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohnHands
adelphimanager1, Director of Sales at Adelphi Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Hello and thank you for your comments after staying with us. I am sorry your arrival wasn't greeted with a friendly smile, I have let our reception manager know about your comment. I am sorry you were cut off from our switch board whilst getting directions to the hotel. This can happen with calls from mobile telephones. I am pleased other staff you encountered during your stay were much more pleasant.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

I just got back from the Adelphi hotel and I enjoyed it the food was fantastic and I had a few things to sort out with my room saw the staff in hotel reception and they got the jobs done for me which I asked about overall very pleased and will return at some point in the future intresting chat with 1 of the waiters about the beatles music which was playing when I had my breakfast as I'm a huge beatles fan and I could tell he was as well the waiters and waitress were very nice I have seen a few negative reviews on here but if you don't ask for things and about things its not going to happen I was here and if I needed to know or want anything I would simply ask and find out about it once again the Adelphi hotel is without a doubt 1 of the best hotels here thx guys for this week your all a credit to the hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul M

Hello and many thanks for your comments after staying with us. I am delighted you enjoyed the food and that the few problems you had with your room were soon rectified. I couldn't agree more that if you don't ask you wont get and the staff are more than knowledgeable about what is going on in the area and more than happy to tell guests. As you are such a big Beatles fan, you should try and come during the Beatles Convention which is held every year in the city. It is organised by Cavern City Tours and we are the head quarters hotel. 5* rating is absolutely fantastic, so thank you for that.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Fabulous location, clean and stunning lounge area. However coach trip people where treated like steerage passengers on the titanic at mealtimes. Designated times but little availability of cleared tables and the buffet food was not replenished as much as required. Quality of the food at tea time over the week improved but the overcrowded conditions put many of our party off. This hotel is not suitable for those less mobile and not wheelchair friendly. Lots of interior snagging issues. Pool was at boiling temperature and dangerous. The only noise I experienced was the lift adjacent to my room. Not ideal for a good sleep. Perhaps the experience would be different as a paying guest but the herd them in and herd them out mentality at mealtimes for coach passengers was archaic. Management should review the running of this hotel.

Stayed: May 2016
2  Thank diane m

Thank you for your comments after staying with us. All our guests eat in Jennys Restaurant irrelevant of if they are with coach parties or not, so you were not singled out at all. We always give allocated meal times, but unfortunately, these are not always adhered to and this then causes a queue situation, which you experienced. We keep the pool water within health and safety regulations, however, there was a problem last week with the heat of the water and the pool was drained and refilled, at no time were any guests put into a dangerous situation. As I have already stated, we do not treat our coach party guests any differently than other guests. The large coach operators have used us for many, many years and come to us 52 weeks of the year and we very much value their business, so if anything their guests are treated as a priority guest and certainly not as you are suggesting.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

For a while now I've wanted to stay at the Adelphi and a wedding in Liverpool was the perfect excuse. The room for a weekday night was £40 so I wasn't expecting too much, but was pleasantly surprised. If you are looking for pristine, modern accommodation, this is not the place for you, but if you like the 1930s glamour vibe (which I do) then go ahead. Our room was beautiful with a gorgeous engraved wooden bed and a full wall dresser with lots of vintage touches. It was clean enough, but as I said, not pristine. The staff were polite and efficient and there aren't really any complaints I can make. I can understand why this hotel has a lot of bad reviews as it really isn't for everyone, but personally I loved it and had an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlottexjade
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Never been to Liverpool to stay before found this place on the internet. This place was obviously fantastically grand in its hey day but is now very tired and in desperate need of upgrading. Having said that on the whole we really enjoyed our stay ... on arrival we were upgraded to a better room than what we had paid for. The room was comfortable if a tad warm and noisey all be it from the street below. The breakfast was buffy style and wouldn't win any prizes but there was plenty of it and had a wide range of choices. The wave bar was pleasant and the staff efficient and friendly but the place did smell quite musty . The only real negative was the pool which we paid £12 per day up front for . It looks like it hasnt been touched since before ww2. It is grotty to put it politely. The spindles reception staff were miserable and made us feel like we had really put him out by turning up ,Although the pool attendant was friendly
On the whole if we came back to Liverpool we probably would use again because of its location, parking and 99% of its staff

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple