2,734 results
All reviewsliver buildingthe club loungealbert dockleisure facilitiescity centresauna and steam roomriver viewcar parkisle of mantwo double bedslovely hotelpier headbreakfast was excellentreception stafffamily roomexecutive roomwithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Had a great stay at crowne plaza liverpool city centre. We found the staff to be very warm, helpful and friendly from check in staff to bar/restuarant staff. The room was great and of a good standard. My wife and I spent hours in the leisure club. Gym, pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna - we had a great time there.

I've given three stars because the breakfast was atrocious. Dirty cutlery, dirty tea cups, dirty milk jugs, scrambled eggs like ground cardboard. The pancakes were overly sweet and crumbly. Really poor for a four star hotel.

I would stay here again but would go somewhere else for breakfast.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Dear ibrigo77

We are so happy to hear you had a fantastic stay with us and an excellent experience in the Harbour Club with us. We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience in the Restaurant for breakfast. I have spoken to our Food Services Manager about the issues you have raised, to ensure this does not happen again.

I am happy to read you will stay with us again for your next visit to Liverpool City Centre. Please contact me direct guestrelations@cpliverpool.com and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 January 2016

This was my first trip to Liverpool and I selected this hotel due to it's location to the city centre. My wife and I arrived to a very blustery Liverpool at 6 o'clock on the 4th December 2015 and got a taxi directly to the hotel from the airport. We were talking in the taxi and had already decided to eat in the hotel before heading out as were not in the humour of looking for a restaurant. Upon checking in we were told that the restaurant was closed for a private function which we could see going on from the lobby. We asked about bar food and were told that no food would be served in the bar between six and eight due to another private function.We were then handed a map and the receptionist put a couple of circles on it to indicate where we might find a restaurant.We were disoriented when we had to leave the hotel and ended up in the main shopping area eating in Burger King. The second night was little better with the restaurant closed for a private Christmas party. We did not bother asking about bar food. We stayed in room 335, an average room with ripped wallpaper on the wall adjoining the bathroom.The fire alarms went off at around mid-night and people started spilling from their rooms to make their way to the fire assembly point which for us was in the front car park. When we [and lots of other guests in night clothes] arrived in the lobby, the party was in full swing, fire alarm cancelled and hotel staff just going about their normal business. I felt a bit silly and asked one staff member what was the situation with the fire alarm, 'oh that was a false alarm' was all I got.On the up side breakfast was lovely which left us wondering what dinner may have been like had we been given the option of a hotel guest being allowed eat in the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keane45976

Dear Keane45976

Thank you for leaving feedback of your recent stay. I am sorry that you left feeling disappointed, please be assured this was not our intention. I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the restaurant being fully booked and the information was not made clearer when booking.

We are really sorry you were also disturbed by the fire alarm being activated. As with all alarm activations we do have evacuate and treat as a real fire, until it is investigated and clear it is a false alarm, as the safety of our guests is paramount. I have spoken to the managers on duty to ensure this information is made clearer to all guests.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us. I do hope this will not deter you from using our Hotel again in the future. please email me direct: guestrelations@cpliverpool.com if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

I stayed here for three days over the festive period; it's a great hotel with friendly staff. It does not offer as a refined service as other Crowne Plaza hotels I've visited however it's definitely a welcoming hotel.

I upgraded the bedroom and got access to the club lounge which was simple but a great place to chill.

The hotel is very spacious, and overall could do with a little bit of refurbishment but it's a great location and I'd stay again. The leisure facilities are huge!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Dear Andrew C

Thank you very much, for taking the time to leave your review. We are delighted you chose to stay with us over the festive period. We value your feedback and take into consideration your constructive comments.

We are happy you would like to stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

My husband and I stayed here last week, as we were having our Christmas night out and didn't want to queue for a taxi home.

From walking in the door to checking out the next day, everything was absolutely perfect. When we arrived we had minute steak baguettes and salad in the bar - we actually removed the steak from the baguettes as there was so much on the plate! This is highly recommended.

Our room was lovely, very clean with nice little touches like aromatherapy oil and pillow spray for a peaceful night's sleep. These were particularly welcome as I was just getting over a very heavy cold.

Every member of staff went out of their way to assist us, from room service to booking taxis, and my husband (who always complains about food) rated the breakfast as 11 out of 10 !!!

This was our first stay at the Crowne Plaza, but it definitely won't be our last!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Anita9956

Thank you very much for 5* review of your time at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. I am overjoyed to read you found everything perfect during your stay and our teams did all we could to assist you and your husband. I will be sure to pass on you kind comments to all our departments, who will be very happy to hear your feedback.

I am delighted to read you will come and stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Please contact, guestrelations@cpliverpool.com for assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

I stopped at for 2 nights in November 2015 in a twin room on a business trip.

Summary
Overall a nice hotel with friendly staff, conveniently located close to all what the city has to offer. A typical Crowne Plaza Hotel.

This review is based on my stay in room 253 which is on the second floor.

The rooms amenities include: 2 double beds furnished with duvets and plenty of pillows, work table, large flat screen TV with Sky Sports, telephone, USB charging point, free wifi, iron & board, hairdryer, arm chair, tea & coffee making facilities,mini bar & fridge. Bath with overhead shower & toiletries.

Hotel amenities include:-Buffet style breakfast, restaurant, bar, free wifi, fitness centre/gym, indoor pool & lounge.

Located within easy walking distance to the centre of Liverpool and all of it's attractions, restaurants, shops & bars. The hotel is situated by the River Mersey at Princess Dock and next to the Royal Liver building. I walked to and from the hotel several times during the day and night and never felt unsafe.

My room (253) was pleasant, spacious and clean. The beds were furnished with a duvet and throw with plenty of pillows. The beds were very comfortable and offered a great night's sleep. The room had plenty of storage but was lacking in plug sockets. One thing I will say about the room is that it got very warm and I had the heating on the lowest setting.

The bathroom was spacious, nicely laid out & decorated.

Room253 overlooks the main road and the Royal Liver building but was reasonably quiet.

The breakfast is served by the reception and had lots of seating. The breakfast consisted of typical hot English Breakfast items, cold Continental breakfast items, pastries, breads, porridge, fruit, yoghurts, fruit juice, tea & coffee. The food was plentiful and replenished constantly.

I ate in the hotel on the first night as we arrived late, so just had 2x vegi burgers in the bar area/ lounge. The food was served hot and quickly and was very tasty, but was expensive (though, that should be expected in the hotel bar), and the staff friendly and efficient.

The hotel's Leisure facilities are located next to the main reception desk and are open early morning to late at night, which meant I could enjoy a nice relaxing swim before and after I had finished work.
The facilities include a swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, gym and treatment room.
These facilities are a little tired and dated, the men's changing room is on the ground floor but the ladies changing room is upstairs and the pool is accessed by a metal spiral staircase. I will say however that on the mornings I visited the pool, a couple of the regular leisure club members (I guess) were lounging around the pool area joking around trying to be a bit cocky and was watching my every move in a bit of a lecherous way, which made me feel uncomfortable and made me leave the area earlier than I would have liked. I am definitely not a sensitive person and can give as hard as I get, but these guys really made me and my partner uncomfortable.

Overall I would happily stop at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
CrownePlazaLiverpool, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Dear Tortmad

Thank you so much for your thorough review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

I am delighted to read you had taken full advantage of all the facilities our Hotel has to offer, especially our leisure facilities, which are a great advantages to our guests. I am saddened to read you and your partner were made to feel uncomfortable by other guests in the leisure club. Please be assured if you did make a member of staff aware of the situation, we could of assisted you and ensured this did not happen further, as this is not how we would want you to feel.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will visit us again, when next in Liverpool.