“Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
cairns
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Very nice hotel and in a central location close to tourist attractions and restaurants Great food and service. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was our first time at the Hilton in Liverpool. Parking is very convenient. The best place to park is at Liverpool One Q Park, on the 3rd floor. The passageway to the outside is not obvious, as the signage could hardy been seen. Just look for the wall where the Mobility section is, then look right. You will see a white passageway. You will exit right across the hotel and you just have to cross the pedestrian area to enter the hotel. It's a very nice hotel, check in and check out very efficient. The hotel offers a discount to the car park (the John Lewsis car park as well) so you just need to present your ticket at reception and the hotel will give you another ticket that you feed into the pay machine first (for the discount). This takes the daily rate down to £9. The rooms are great, comfortable mattress, good quality towels. The desk space is not very functional, just as small space for a laptop and an over-designed lamp that hovers over the space that is completely useless as it blocks the screen view. The bathroom layout isn't the best. The bathroom counter faces the back of the bath/shower so the water pressure from the shower is weak, presumably not to wet everything that is on the counter. Box of tissues not full, only a few tissues stuffed at the top. Hilton should know better. It makes a bad impression when hotels cut corners this way. We were not charged for Internet, perhaps because we are HiltonHonors members. However, Hilton needs to get with the times and stop expecting guests to pay for Internet usage. This should be a basic service, like TV. And if people are there on business, it's annoying to have to pay for this when other hotels offer this free of charge. The fitness room has lots of great equipment, although I couldn't get my room card to work so I was lucky enough to have someone open the door from the inside. The concierge is very helpful, providing directions and maps. We will stay at this hotel again as the location is ideal.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PB&PA
Shropshire, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Great hotel, fab rooms with great views, brilliant location, great staff. Stay on a friday or saturday night and go and people watch in the bar - highly amusing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeteCav
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

Cant ask no more , everything is just great
Visit the Beatles museum just across the hotel
In the evening time , have dinner at Jamie Oliver just a minute walk behind the hotel
After that walk to cavern pub , less than 15 minute walk
All you need to know about Liverpool just around the corner

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Henry W
Ripley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

My room was OK. Much the same as any other large hotel chain. There were plenty of free power sockets in the room but not a single one near the bedside cabinets on either side of the bed. So, if you wanted to leave your phone on charge whilst keeping it close to use as, say, an alarm, then you can't. I noticed that the small bottle of water in the room was priced at £4 and 24 hours of wifi access was £15 (though, I was offered this for £7.50 at check-in). Does anybody really pay such silly prices?

The hotel bar was OK, if a little soulless on a Sunday night, but there was not a very good choice of beers and what they did have was not cheap. I did, however, notice the prices of the Champagnes and couldn't believe how reasonable they were.

Next morning I came down for breakfast. A young lady at the end of the bar took my room number (at my prompting, not hers!) and, without another word, turned away to do something else. Nobody showed me to a table. I wandered about a bit before choosing one by the window. Despite the room being huge, there were only four other customers in there; one group of three and a sole diner. There were about three staff on duty in the dining room. I went and got some breakfast from the buffet. There was certainly no shortage of food. In fact, there was a huge amount of what looked like good quality food in the hot containers. Unfortunately, the food had been there a long time and, as I found out when I got back to my table, it was barely edible as it was dry and overcooked. I had to leave it uneaten. I'm sorry, but it was not nice.

Nobody offered me any tea or coffee so I assumed it was self service from a machine. I picked up my mug and went in search of it. I never found it. And, despite clearly searching for something with an empty mug in my hand, not one member of staff asked me if they could help. I returned to my table with my empty mug to see, across the room, the waitress filling someone's cup with coffee. By now, I couldn't be bothered so got up and left in silence.

A miserable breakfast experience, indeed, and not one I plan to repeat in the near future!

Finally, I was amused to see that the illuminated signs in the lift, telling you which floor was next, were in French! Most odd!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AmitJaitly77, Director of Operations at Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Liverpool. I am sorry to hear of your dissapointing experience at breakfast.

Rest assured, we take all feedback seriously and constructively at the hotel and have been working hard to rectify the issues you have mentioned, with special emphasison guest intercation. The experience you had is not at all representative of what we strive to achieve and I apologise on behalf of the team for this recent shortfall.

I have taken into account your comments regarding bedside sockets and will discuss this with our facilities team to look at opportunities to improvise on the existing facility.

We do provide complimentary internet in public areas of the hotel through BT openzone wireless. Guests in Executive rooms and above are entitled to use of complimentary internet in the Executive Lounge, as well as Hilton Honors Gold and diamond Guests get free internet in the bedroom. Our prices for internet are competitive with our competitors in the upscale branded hotels segment.

The signs in French in the elavator, one can only put down to a glitch in the system, and I can assure you that at present they are very much in English.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, please do feel free to contact me on my email address at amit.jaitly@hitlon.com

Kind Regards