“Wouldn't rush back...”

Bon Pan Asian Restaurant Liverpool
Ranked #255 of 1,948 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: USD 9 - USD 16
Description: Explore the tastes and aromas of Pan Asia from our newly opened restaurant in Stoke-on-Trent. With a banquet of over 150 dishes, all of which are freshly prepared by our skilled chefs using the finest ingredients. We can take you on a journey through some of the world’s most exciting and tantalising cuisines.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My daughter and I love a good buffet and having been dying to try this place since it opened.
We finally got there for lunch today and to be honest we were both underwhelmed.
Good points are the efficient and pleasant staff and the quirky decor. You pay for your meal on arrival and queue at the bar for drinks yourself which worked well today but I can imagine is time consuming if the place is busy. Soft drinks are bottomless, so you pay once for as many refills as you like, which we thought was a good idea.
The big minus for me in the lunch time session we went to was the general quality of the food. There initially seemed to be a lot of choice but even on this busy lunch session a lot if it looked dried up and unappetizing. Of the handful of dishes I did try, the ribs were overly sweet and the lamb curry luke warm as was the rice. None of the dishes was overly hot in temperature, which I found concerning. Also the plates were stored at knee height near the floor which didn't strike me as very hygienic. Some were still wet from the dishwasher also.
There was a good selection of deserts but a couple of the ice creams had that stale fridge taste .
Toilets were a trek up steep stairs which only have a banister on one side.
So overall a disappointing visit. Try it yourself but I wouldn't rush back.

2  Thank SGM67

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have now been here about six times in love it here the food is amazing so fresh so much choice the staff are brilliant customer service high standards not like a regular buffet this is so much better

2  Thank sarah l
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The best eat what you want i've eaten in.
The food variety is tremendous. very well cooked.
It is spotlessly clean and very well organised,if you finish your plate or leave it to get a different dish it is quickly taken away to make room for it.
A word of warning, it opens at midday but closes at 3. so if you are going for the early opening You need to give yourself time to appreciate the your full courses.
I would recommend no later than 1.45. Believe me ,you will need it.
I could not begin to describe the food as there is so much to chose from.
I started with a plate of battered king prawns followed by some Ribs then a lamb rogan josh( I have been to India 5 times) but never had one as good as this.
The desert layout is longer than a bus,and is brilliant in its choises.lots of different flavoured ice creams
If you want to take your children have no fear.
All the kiddies favourites are there Burgers chips pizzas
There is a chef in the centre cooking to order if you want to experiment, tell him what you want and he will do it in front of you..
For any veggies or vegans there is a good selection. and lots of different salad options.
Just go and enjoy.

3  Thank LOBOSEVO
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Fabulous ,well presented food ,staff were very pleasant ,tables cleaned constantly ,amazing variety of food ,also chefs doing stir fry to your liking ,children's delight with lots of cakes ,ice cream ,even a chocolate fountain ,Chinese ,Indian ,Thai ,plus burgers and pizza ,nothing but praise ,certainly go again.

3  Thank Joyce H
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Best buffet we have ever had.Meat lovely and tender and juicy.Really authentic restaurant food.Too many dishes to mention.You don't get ripped off with drinks either,£2.65 for bottomless glass and beer is about £3.40/pint.We will be back time and time again if they maintain these standards.The restaurant/toilets spotlessly clean.10/10.

3  Thank tel67_11