“Party of 8”

Ranked #381 of 1,978 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: USD 4 - USD 17
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Raven is proud to be a Cask Marque and LocAle accredited pub offering a wide range of cask ales, beers, wines and spirits from around the world. We serve food daily from 8am to 11pm with great deals across our menu. We hold a 5* food hygiene rating. Children welcome until 9pm accompanied by an adult. Why not join us on one of our Club nights: Tuesday - Steak Night Wednesday – Chicken Club Thursday – Curry Club Friday – Fish Friday Sunday – Sunday Brunch
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Exceptionally helpful staff. The meals were really good, tasty, and hot. All served by a number of staff all of whom were charming. Advice was given when a number of meals were, “a drink included” . A very pleasant evening. The place was packed out. Speaks volumes. Well done Raven staff team.

Raven_manager, Manager at The Raven, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review and glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us!! I will share your positive comments with the team!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

ordered 2 14 oz steaks and all the trimmings-- after we ate the meal which was fine and tasty,my wife commented that it would have been nicer with a bit of salad,we then looked at the menu again only to discover that the meal was missing mushroom and tomato,when this was pointed out to the manageress we were told that we should have been informed of the non availability of two items--we werent-instead we were offfered a drink or a pudding-refused--we should have been told when we ordered

Raven_manager, Manager at The Raven, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. You're correct you should have been informed at the time of ordering about the items that were out of stock, we did offer a complimentary dessert and drink for yourself and your wife which you declined and the member of staff involved at the point of ordering was reminded of the importance of informing customers of out of stock products. We are sorry that we let you down on this occasion but thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Met my family for lunch and as in my previous reviews you'll know that they love it here and Im always on the fence about it (too many people by the bar standing drinking and I got ignored whilst waiting to order food while men are shouting over to the barmaid what their next drinks orders are!) Anyway, quite a few different dishes were ordered including lamb shank/salmon baguel/2 different curries/hotdog/burger and chicken burger and all meaks included a free drink which is great! No one complained about their food and plates left empty. I do find Wethies is good value..its just a shame the regulars think they have priority over food orders.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

People should remember the old axiom that you get what you pay for - I have seen some reviews of Wetherspoons pubs that criticise the food but to be fair I have never had a complaint that wasn't quickly rectified at The Raven - the staff are without exception courteous and efficient and the food is good at the price point it is set at - I have had far worst and paid a lot more - I think this establishment and the staff deserve a full 5 stars - I have been to other Wetherspoons pubs and this is by far my favourite.

Raven_manager, Manager at The Raven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you so much for such an excellent review!! We don't always get it right but we will always try our utmost to rectify any issues as quickly as possible. It's always good to hear that the staff here are recognized for all their hard work and I will share your positive comments with the team. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Been visiting here for many years and have had many a good night in this place.

It is always busy and has a great atmosphere. Drinks are high quality and reasonably priced served by friendly staff....

however, this pub must be making a very decent profit, yet has been in real need of an update / some investment for some time.

Dark wooden furniture is tired and worn with stained seats and scratched / marked tables and the general state of repair all around the pub could do with a real facelift / freshen up!

Despite this, it's a good local pub, but come on Wetherspoons, put a bit of money back into the place - as it's fast becoming quite scruffy (through no fault of staff) and the place needs some investment!

Raven_manager, Manager at The Raven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback Colin. I agree that a few areas need addressing and we have been gradually updating some of the furniture. Recently we had some table tops restored with further ones due to be restored, along with some new chairs. Thank you for your custom over the years and we hope you continue to visit us