“Treat”

Price range: USD 46 - USD 59
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Dine in widescreen at Panoramic 34. Offering the finest food, a warm atmosphere and cinematic views of the city below. Creditcard details are required for all bookings.
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I love the set lunch menu. Great value amazing setting and fabulous food. If you deserve a treat - go to the panoramic.

Lubo T, Manager at Panoramic 34, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear P C,

Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear you enjoyed the lunch menu.

We will share your wonderful comments with the team.

We hope to see you soon, maybe for dinner this time?

Warmly,
Lubomir
Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,814)

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I received a voucher for my birthday from a friend. She wanted me to book afternoon tea which I did and went with my husband. When we arrived we were seated not next to the window but in the middle section. Yes you can look out the window but you feel you are intruding on other people eating if you do. We asked for a window table and was taken to one at the side with a great view of Costco. We ordered drinks and then the afternoon tea arrived minus the tea I would add which arrived after we had eaten! Other tables received the food and were told what each item was.. we just got ours plonked down. Sandwiches and cakes were ok nothing special but as I say would have been nice to have the tea with the food. Other tables received a lot with the food and another pot after. Other tables were asked if they were celebrating anything and received a 'birthday cake' again nothing asked of us. Very hit and miss staff wise some friendly some not. When we received our Bill they had added on an optional service charge!! We always leave a tip but this time we were so disappointed we asked for it to be removed. £33 each for luxury afternoon tea?! Very much style over substance which is a shame as this could be a nice venue. My advice though is don't bother.

4  Thank redsu_11
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I would go for afternoon tea. Dinner a disappointment, has a dress code but full of tshirts shorts and grubby jeans. Staff pretentious, as was menu. Rushed service, food started to arrive seconds after cocktails (which were good), food not hot over complicated, really pub grub with a fancy jus/soil etc. Forgot non alcoholic drinks. Main courses needed loads of sides. Sorry but £275 for basic meal and drinks served in just over an hour is a cafeteria not fine dining.

2  Thank Will R
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I came here a couple of weeks ago with my family for a birthday meal. The food was incredible as was the view. However the service was below average, from someone who works in the industry I had high expectations of the place after hearing great reviews. For a reasonably expensive restaurant which clearly states they have a “strict dress code” -evidently not when the lady opposite is sat in a tshirt and sandals, you would expect the service to match the high standards and not have to sit there trying to catch your waitresses eye in order to purchase more drinks. A smile wouldn’t go a miss either.
I would probably visit again for drinks at the bar tables where you can enjoy the view. As much as i enjoyed all the food here the service is not worth the money. I would much rather visit a restaurant with mediocre food and friendly service.

2  Thank sophiemcdonagh
Reviewed 26 May 2018

This restaurant has strong and weak points, but overall I would not say it was good value and I would not return.
The venue is 5 minutes walk from the Beatles statue down at the ferry wharf. We were greeted at the building entrance and directed to the lift- to level 34. We had a table near the windows enabling a good view both east and west along the dockside. We watched as ships came and others went. Our table was adjacent to a stack of 4 unused chairs- which detracted from the ambience.
I had smoked quail breast for entrée and then the cauliflower cheese tart for my main. The quail itself was just a little more than one mouthful, but the flavour was intense and allowed just little nibble-size mouthfuls to savour the taste. The cauliflower was disappointing - seemed like cauliflower, cheese and white sauce in a hard pastry shell- more like a side dish, rather than a main course. My wife had the snow peas for her entrée and was disappointed that they were not "strung" leaving her to pick out the string bits whilst eating; and the Mullet- which was OK, apart from the potato, which was like a hash brown. This dish was too oily- fried fish, fried potato, and fried pea fritter. For dessert I had the Pistachio Cremeux Strawberry Bavarian- which did not live up to it's exotic name. The pistachio flavour was nowhere to be tasted; the squid ink tuille just tasted like a wafer fried in old oil; and then there was a strawberry sauce and some icecream- all ok, but not spectacular.
The point is that I received four email reminders prior to our dinner- reminding me of the dress code, and that we could be turned away if were not dressed well enough, and also reminding me of the cancellation penalties, and the time restrictions etc. etc. These emails led to have very high expectations, which I don't feel were warranted. We felt stressed even before we arrived. ther guests were plainly in breach of the dress code- and were still served.
The men's toilet was definitely not 5 star.
Cost came to 85 pounds including a glass of wine and 12.5% service- a very reasonable price for a reasonable dinner. However I feel there are many other restaurants in Liverpool offering better value and less stress.